Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ouchie!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Berry,
    An Epi-pen is a self shot, it is full of epinephrine. As soon as I need to use it I jab it into the top fatty part of my leg, just about where the end of your pocket would be on your leg.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Sonny Thomas

Default Ouchie!!!!!

And I got nailed again! Went to check in our tool shed for something and BANG! right on the point of my shoulder. Went to the house and wife found this sting swab tube and rubbed it in. So far no swelling, but sure hurt like H___.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    And I got nailed again! Went to check in our tool shed for something and BANG! right on the point of my shoulder. Went to the house and wife found this sting swab tube and rubbed it in. So far no swelling, but sure hurt like H___.
    Darn it Sonny!. They must love you.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, might be time to cut your losses and stay in the A/C for a while.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Sonny Thomas

Default Ouchie!!!!!

Well, Barry, I wanted to, but then my Dad shows up to make sure I got the next railroad tie nailed down. His only 87 this July and I'm still his kid. Soon as he left I headed for a cool-me-down drink and some good ole AC. Have to watch out though. Said he'd be down to check on things in a couple of days. Lord!

One good thing though. Dad up and asks if I got any coal oil. Me; "Dad, coal oil ain't been around for a good while." What else ya got, WD40? Me; "Yep, got cans of it." Dad; "Pour it on your hand and leave it on. It'll take the swellin' out by morning." So I did, but washed it off before headin' for bed. Guess what? Yeah, my hand went down a bunch by this morning and right now, 11:27 am, looking dang near normal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    Berry,
    An Epi-pen is a self shot, it is full of epinephrine. As soon as I need to use it I jab it into the top fatty part of my leg, just about where the end of your pocket would be on your leg.
    Don.
    I thought that's what they were but have never heard the technical term for them. I do understand that they can be a life saver for those with an allergic reaction to bee stings. Thanks.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wasps

I had some burrowing wasps in my yard and of course when mowing over the top of their hole (didn't know what the hole was for) here they come ...got stung 7 or eight times but I can guarantee you one thing I found out ...I can haul XXX when they are a stinging! Anyway came around the corner of the house probably at 150% previously known max speed and I couldn't think what to yell to inquisitive wife except for "BEES!!!! RUN!!!! A half block later shut it down before heart blew out (I'm old) and got stung again so kicked it back into extra high gear and made it into the house. After a 5 minute cool down and an assessment of damage war was on! I snuck back into the yard grabbed the mower went into the garage taped the handle safety device up and waited an hour for the pigeons to return to the coop you might say. Then went out fired the mower up parked above their hole ran the mower til out of gas about 20 mins and everyone of them was dead. VICTORY!
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mxtuner1 View Post
    I had some burrowing wasps in my yard and of course when mowing over the top of their hole (didn't know what the hole was for) here they come ...got stung 7 or eight times but I can guarantee you one thing I found out ...I can haul XXX when they are a stinging! Anyway came around the corner of the house probably at 150% previously known max speed and I couldn't think what to yell to inquisitive wife except for "BEES!!!! RUN!!!! A half block later shut it down before heart blew out (I'm old) and got stung again so kicked it back into extra high gear and made it into the house. After a 5 minute cool down and an assessment of damage war was on! I snuck back into the yard grabbed the mower went into the garage taped the handle safety device up and waited an hour for the pigeons to return to the coop you might say. Then went out fired the mower up parked above their hole ran the mower til out of gas about 20 mins and everyone of them was dead. VICTORY!
    Good one. I was going to suggest just that after reading the first couple sentences. And if people don't know it there is nothing like waiting till after dark when they're all in the hole and pour a gallon of gas into them.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Sonny Thomas

Default Ouchie!!!!!

Ya ain't gonna believe it, but take a look at the initial picture and look at right hand #2 picture. Yeah, them dirty suckers got me again. See ouchie, black pointer, where stung and this time by one of these blue wasps. They look just like the regular yellow and black wasps, but blue and black and meaner than junk yard dogs. It nailed me just once and felt like the stinger got clear to the bone. MAN! talk about ouch. Wife heard me #^^&$@ clear in the house. Wasnt' 20 minutes and my hand had swollen past the knuckle of the hand and within a hour my whole hand. Itch! Lord have mercy.
    The yellow specis build the paper type nests and the blue suckers build mud nests, so some call the critter a Mud Dobber.

Rode my ATV up to the mailbox, 175 yards up our drive. Came back, turned the key to shut off the ATV and this monster blue sucker fly right in my face. Stuck my hand up to protect my face and BAM! After I got done cussin' I threw the mail in the door and grabbed a can of Wasp and Hornet Killer spray. Them things were in my ATV! Spray until I emptied the can. Waited for a bit, kick the carrier on the back and the yellow wasps came out from under handled bars, belows the instrument panel. Got another can of spray killer and sprayed on underneath and every crack I could find. A wasp flew around and I got a 3rd can of spray killer. I didn't stop spraying until my whole ATV was dripping everywhere. You might just I washed my ATV with Wasp and Hornet killer. Got a 4th can of spray sitting by the door just in case I even see a wasp.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

&%#$ that sucks Sonny! Sounds like you need to buy that spray by the case!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps