Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnsdale limbs...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barnsdale limbs...

So if I want a 60lb-63lb pull on my Prowler with Fury XT cam, what deflection Barnsdale limbs do I need? If anybody can help me, that would be great! I'm thinking 135, but that's basically a guess...

Post Thanks / Like

What deflection are the limbs on it now and what is the max draw weight?

Post Thanks / Like

They are "70lb" limbs. I don't know what deflection they are? The number is not on them. There is a number on the inside of the limbs near the limb bolts, but they didn't seem to mean anything to me. 92012 I think....my bow is not in front of me

Post Thanks / Like

I think your best bet would be to call Barnsdale,their # is on their website.barnsdalearchery.com
    2012 Pantera Magnum 70#
    Oneida Strike Eagle 60-80#

Post Thanks / Like

I will call Barnsdale if I have to. I don't want to come off the wrong way, but isn't this the "Martin Archery tech forum"? Why can't anybody from Martin tell me what deflection limbs I have? Is there nobody from Martin on this forum anymore? I guess I will try to call Martin tech support...

Post Thanks / Like

The deflection code may just be where you can't see it without backing the bolts out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desertcj View Post
    I will call Barnsdale if I have to. I don't want to come off the wrong way, but isn't this the "Martin Archery tech forum"? Why can't anybody from Martin tell me what deflection limbs I have? Is there nobody from Martin on this forum anymore? I guess I will try to call Martin tech support...
    This forum is not manned by Martin technical experts or even Martin employees. We are all Martin users and enthusiasts and as such we are not experts on everything Martin. If you call Martin you might ask to speak to one of the bow technician or builders. They were the ones building the bows and should be able to know which limbs do what on certain bows.

The number you are seeing on your limbs is the date of manufacture 9/20/12. If they are Barnedale limbs there will also be a deflection number such as B (Barnesdale) 195 or B175 or something like that. Possibly B135 limbs for your bow. and it is embossed into the limb, not written with any kind of marker.

I talked with Dave Barnesdale a couple years ago about just this issue. At the time he could not tell me what the deflection codes were because he didn't have equipment to measure them at that time, but had new equipment ordered to do so. Here's what I got out of the conversation. He builds limbs and machines them to certain thickness. Then they are suspended at two points and a 45# weight applied to the center of the limb. Then the deflection (bend) is measured in thousandths of an inch (similar to the process used for checking arrow spine). At that time his equipment was not capable of measuring limbs less than 14" long. There are a lot of bows today with short limbs (less than 14"), thus the need for newer equipment. I would have to assume he now has that equipment so should be able to answer your question or at least give an educated guess.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I called the tech number and got an answering machine. I chose not to leave a message...maybe I should have. I guess I assumed that Martin would have some tech support on this forum since they direct you here from their website and I assume it is hosted on their website as well. Oh well, whatever....I guess I will call Barnsdale and see if they can point me in the right direction.

I wasn't going to bring it up at first, but in case anyone is wondering....the "Limb Issue" is not resolved on late 2012 bows as far as I'm concerned. I don't have a huge issue yet, but I do have a splinter on the corner of my lower limb. I don't want it warrantied, because I don't want a set of limbs that are going to do the same thing in 3 months...
    Last edited by desertcj; 07-15-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

is this the same bow you have listed in the classifieds?
    2012 Rytera Nemesis - Sword Twilight Hunter Sight - QAD HD Bone Collector Drop Away - WindJammer 7" Stabilizer - 438 Grain Beman ICS Hunter Elites - G5 T3's & QAD Exodus Swept Back Version

Post Thanks / Like

The limbs say 3HP if that helps any....

Yes, I am trying to replace the limbs obviously.....