Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnsdale limbs...

Post Thanks / Like

I am wanting to get a set of Barnsdale limbs as well. The problem you will run into is that Barnsdale doesn't know the spec codes for Martin and Martin doesn't know the specs codes for Barndale. I spoke with a guy in South Africa that is trying to get a set of limbs for his cougar. The best bet is going to be working with Barnsdale one on one. I have an email into Barnsdale asking about limbs for my cougar. Iam sure I will have to send the bow to Barnsdale to get it done. I am looking at getting the Barnsdale set installed and keeping the Martin set as insurance.
    Bought a Martin, Then my wife gave me a Rytera so.......I joined the forum.
    Then won the Elite on Archery Talk.
    I am blessed.

Post Thanks / Like

I also sent an e-mail to Barnsdale. Didn't Martin use Barnsdale limbs on the Rytera bows for a while? I find it very hard to believe that they don't know what deflection limbs to use. I believe it's more along the lines of denying that a problem exists so why would anybody need aftermarket limbs. Maybe I'm wrong...I don't really care. I just want a bow I can shoot and take hunting without having to worry. FWIW, I epoxied the splinter back down and I was shooting my bow this evening. So far so good, although I can still see the crack. I'm not holding my breath and I plan to get the Barnsdale limbs as soon as I can. If my current limbs get worse or when deer season is over in Nov.

Post Thanks / Like

1m would be about 60# and 1m is about the same as the 135's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Fantastic! Thank you very much!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desertcj View Post
    The limbs say 3HP if that helps any....

Yes, I am trying to replace the limbs obviously.....
    FYI the 2HP means that they are Martin Power Tuff limbs and not Barnesdale limbs. The Rytera line used mostly Barnedale limbs during 2009 and part of 2010 due to problems with their previous laminated limbs. The older laminated limbs were good enough for the cams up till the time the Cat (Hybrid) cam appeared. Then they just wouldn't handle the extra stress. So while Martin was figuring out the problem and designing the Power Tuff limbs they used Barnesdale on the Rytera line. They may still have a few in stock, but I doubt it. And as you may know it would seem that the info on which deflection does what on each bow doesn't get passed around too much. I remember asking Joel about it one time and even he didn't know and if he doesn't know I have no idea who would. You would think that there would be data sheets somewhere for reference.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    So just for reference....that would make the 115's close to 70#?

Post Thanks / Like

It is difficult to tell without trying them. The ATA and sinigle-cam are what make it hard to compare to other bows. Let's see what we know and try to figure this out!

You stated that 3HP = 70# on your bow. So you would be looking for an equivlalant to 1HP = 60# on your bow.

I know that my 70# Onza uses 4HP, which should be close to a 70# Nemesis, which uses 115. This is the assumption that is tough as I do not know if the limb pocket angles are the same!

So, to step down from there in 5# increments:

4HP = 115 (75# on your bow)
    3HP = 125 (70# on your bow)
    2HP = 135 (65# on your bow)
    1HP = 145 (60# on your bow)
    0HP = 155 (55# on your bow)

No gaurntees...take it for what it is worth...good luck!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Alien X and Nemesis used same deflection limbs.
    115 - 135 - 155 for 70,60,50 draw weights.
    AZ used 135 - 155 - 175 to achieve the same.
    Depends on the bow model/cams...

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if you could send your limbs to David Barnesdale, have him measure the deflection and tell him that you want new limbs with approximately 10# less draw weight?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like my options are 135 or 155 with 135 being a safer bet. I can always leave the limb bolts backed out a bit...