Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D Loops Safe?

Sonny Thomas

Default D Loops Safe?

Quote Originally Posted by carl365 View Post
    Hi Sonny, your hand swelling gone down?
    Yes, I have the same DLoop setup, two tied nocking points with the Dloop knots on the outside of the tied nocks. Works beautifully. I ordered some BCY #24 string. The string I'm using now, for some reason, doesn't melt into a good size mushroom.

Carl
    Hand is doing well. Even shot some today.

BCY #24 is my perferred. Carry it with me and is also that I use for my Limb Driver arrow rests. Should you want something a bit stiffer, try Gibbs. Also, Gibbs comes in different camo colors. Gibbs is sometimes difficult to ball, but can be done with practice.

Someone made a mold for melting ends. Heat with torch good and hot and stick end in the mold. Perhaps a half BB size depression in steel? Little bit of time to heat up, but could be a uniform ball. Make up a few d-loops to have on hand. I have two in the ready should I need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Hand is doing well. Even shot some today.

BCY #24 is my perferred. Carry it with me and is also that I use for my Limb Driver arrow rests. Should you want something a bit stiffer, try Gibbs. Also, Gibbs comes in different camo colors. Gibbs is sometimes difficult to ball, but can be done with practice.

Someone made a mold for melting ends. Heat with torch good and hot and stick end in the mold. Perhaps a half BB size depression in steel? Little bit of time to heat up, but could be a uniform ball. Make up a few d-loops to have on hand. I have two in the ready should I need.
    More good ideas! Thanks Sonny. I'm anxious to make some Dloops to keep on hand, I have plenty of scrap metal to make a Dloop mould. I was reading yesterday someone recommended using Epoxy to make the Dloop ends.

It's funny when I was shooting nothing but compounds back in the early 90's nobody used Dloops, just the release with the attached cord which is a lot slower to attach than the Dloop.

Watch out for those yellow jackets!

Carl

Sonny Thomas

Default D Loops Safe?

Okay, practice makes better. I can carry a lighter better than a Epoxy kit.

Material is material, but I had such d-loops made up. I installed the d-loop and within a few shots it stretched differently, longer. How much different? About the size of a melted ball, 1/8". Loosened the loop, pulled the end out, melted the ball back one ball's worth, and tried again. Perfect!

Shooting a thumb release and hinge I know the feel I want, index and middle fingers splitting the jaw bone and the index and middle finger hand knuckles riding up against the corner of my jaw. Just like all of archery, do everything the same way each and every time. So consistent hand position is part of doing everything the same way each and every time.