Thread: Another Barnsdale limb customer...

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Barnsdale limb customer...

Hi. Was just wondering if anyone have put Barnsdale limbs on a Cougar FC with Nitro cams? Need the deflection number (Barnsdale numbers) for 70#. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    May the love and grace of God help us not to miss our purpose in life.
    2011 Onza 3, 70# 27.75" APG camo
    2012 Cougar FC 70# 27.75" Carbon Black

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Deserthuntr,
    I don't have an answer to your question, unfortunately, but I'm left wondering.......are Barnsdale limbs that much better than the new Martin PowerTuff limbs? If so, then I think that the obvious upgrade for our Martins would be a swap out.....maybe then we could get a bow that feels good in our hands and set it up so that it would last indefinitely. I have an old Bear SuperStrike XLR that is about 20 years old now, and even though it's heavy, I've put countless thousands of arrows through that bow, and it's still like new. Just too heavy and "clunky" to use instead of my Martin Warthog or Bengal. Anyway, anyone know about those Barnsdales?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

HI Baerman

I got answers from Mr Barnsdale himself and he is making a pair of limbs for my bow as we speak, so to say. The answer is YES. Barnsdale limbs are still superior to Powertuff limbs. Not just durability but also in design. There are numerous articles and threads on Barnsdale limbs. Have spoken to numerous Martin shooters who changed to Barnsdale limbs and they are very pleased. Barnsdale limbs have a very uniform stress distribution which gives a smoother draw and a more steady shot.

I e-mailed Martin for help on the limbs and they gave me a very short and abrupt, rather rude answer. The Cougar is a great bow and that is why I'm keeping it. But selling all the rest of my Martin stuff. Joel gave me his e-mail in front of everyone here on the forum a few months ago. But got NO reply. Nothing. And I really needed their help. They could really learn from Dave Barnsdale when it comes to customer service. And a few other bow manufacturers also. I can't believe that Martin, with the shape that they are in at the moment, treats customers the way that they do. But I'm from Africa, so who cares, right?
    May the love and grace of God help us not to miss our purpose in life.
    2011 Onza 3, 70# 27.75" APG camo
    2012 Cougar FC 70# 27.75" Carbon Black