Thread: Septer V shooters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Septer V shooters

I just picked up a SepterV. I was wondering what kind of speeds you all are getting out of your setups?
    I have my bow set at 57 pounds draw length set at 27.5", Deer Crossing Archery Target shafts, 400 spine, cut 28-3/4" carbon to carbon, 100 grain points and feathers. Total arrow weight of 292 grains.
    My bow is shooting this setup at 298 fps. I shoot non-sights and fingers.
    Don.
    Last edited by Don B; 07-18-2013 at 03:05 PM.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Sonny Thomas

Add your draw length, Don.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Add your draw length, Don.
    Sonny,
    Got it.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sceptre V

Mine is at 55 pounds, 27" draw shooting GT Ultralight 500's weighing 315 and I'm getting 273fps (this bow is faster than my Nemesis)

Sonny Thomas

Don, gotta question.

CXLs and HT3s are in the ball park of weight per inch, 6.2 to 7.5 and 8.0 grs. So approx 34 to 45 grs.

My CXL 250s weigh in at 321 with standard nocks, insert, 75 gr points, Bohning 1 3/4" Shield cuts.

Same with my HT Virtues, 322 grs with pin bushings, pin nocks, 80 gr glue-in point, same 1 3/4" vanes.

Carbon to carbon shaft length is 25 3/4" for both CXLs and HT3s. So 3 inches worth of weight reduction over yours - 22.5 to 24 grs. <<<<<<<<<<<< here and below

My tiny vanes can't be far off from 4" feathers.

My point weights are 15 and 20 grs lighter. <<<<<<<<<< the 40 grs or so to be bring us together.....

Okay, you have your Scepter V "set to 27.5"" Have you measured draw length? I mean, Martin's have always checked at least 1 inch long (AMO). The Shadowcats I've shot and owned were over 1 inch long to module settings. The 2011 Shadowcat I have now is set to 27" of draw, but measures 28 1/4" and I had to twist H__ out of the strings to get down to 28 1/4".

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny,
    I just took a guess at what my draw length is set at.
    Really I have no idea what it is. When I set the draw length I just draw it back until I get the valley length and let off I want then set the limb stop.
    I just got out of bed and working on my first cup of coffee, I will get a full list of what every component weighs for my arrows in a while and let ya know.
    I will also see if there is anyway I can measure what the bows draw length is set at.
    Don.

Post Thanks / Like

i've had my scepter v for a year now. i shoot it set at 50 pounds, 28 and a fraction draw length. i cut the arrows to 27 inches. when i was shooting fat boys i was getting something like 256 fps with them weighting something like 310 grains. i went to lightspeeds cut the same length with a 60 grain point and 10 grain insert and was getting 266 fps.

i've since went to the deer crossing archery target shafts. with 80 grains up front i'm getting 272 fps and an improved foc. they group better than any other set up i've tried.

don't know if this is what you're looking for or not...but that's my story and i'm stickin' to it.