Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are limb savers!?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What are limb savers!?

Their website is useless explaining what and how they work. Do you drill a hole in your limbs and attach them?

Carl

Post Thanks / Like

They have several different styles, depending on what type of limbs you have. NONE of them require drilling of any kind. For solid limbs, they have adhesive "rubber" bumpers that dampen the vibrations when placed on the limbs, usually on the inside. For split limbs, they have several different types that either pressure fit between the limbs, or screw together between the limbs. Basically all of them are a rubbery material that absorbs vibrations and quiets limb noise. Personally, I think they work very well and have them on all of my bows in one form or another.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Sonny Thomas

What Ehunter noted. I have the bolt-on Limb Savers on my Hoyt MagnaTec and UltraTec, quad limbs of course. Not Limb Savers, but a copy, I have Bowjax Monsterjaxes on my Pearson TX4 (came from factory with). My Hoyt ProElite came factory with the limb Savers AlphaShox.

Work? Yes. I have a bolt-on limb saver on two of my Sure Loc sight frames. Take them off and you can hear just a tad bit of rattle. Put them back on and no rattle. Need to put one on my Sure Loc Supreme, but if the buzz/rattle bothers those I'm competing against I probably shouldn't

Since the bows above I have not used limbs savers or their offshoot copies on either of my 3 Martin Shadowcats or my Pearson MarXman. That these bows perform so well I never gave thought of using them until now.... ain't nothing ever shook loose and can't feel vibration....

From years of uses; The bolt-on limb savers only last so long. The top or bottom will eventually break off. The AlphaShox will wear and begin to creep (hence, creepy crawlers, wiggle worms). The MonsterJax seem useless - can't see where they do anything.

One copy is called the ShockBlox or something like that. Anyone wants a pair, they are laying on the picnic table in my back yard. Those junk suckers make the weirdest noise.

Of limb saver string leaches and their copies, a waste of money for what I see.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, got what they do, thanks. Looking at how much everything vibrates on the bow watching slo-mo vids, seems it's a good thing to reduce vibrations.

Are these green things limbsavers? I thought it was just a decoration like the cutesy things gals sometimes do.

ki_limbsaver - Copy.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the vids Spiker, great illustrations of limb vibration dampening.

Carl

Post Thanks / Like

In my honest opinion, bow jax are the best at getting the vibration out. I replaced the stock stopper w/ a bow jax brand and there was a huge difference. Check them out.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks typically8, I'm having fun looking at all the dampers they sell. Come to think of it, I do cycling and seems a damper for bicycles may be a good idea!

Carl

Post Thanks / Like

Vibration dampeners for bow limbs work well. I use Limbsavers.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Sonny Thomas

Not re-stocking, the shop is out of Limb Savers. So while in town I stopped at the largest archery shop in Fulton County. Guess what? No Limb Savers. Why? "Don't sell enough of them to carry them any more." And they didn't have any copies type either.