Thread: Weather...again

Sonny Thomas

Default Weather...again

Hard to believe that a couple weeks ago we had to close all the windows at night because it'd get so cold. The last few days it's been so hot and so humid that just standing in one spot I'd sweat to death. Been working on the tile around sunrise and by 8:00 am I'm heading for the AC.
    Shooting/practicing is a haphazad affair. Shady where I stand and somewhat of a captured breeze between the garage and house it's still bad. I shoot maybe 25 or 30 shots and my sweat soaked t-shirt says it's enough. After cooled down for a hour to two I might launch a few more, but I doubt I shoot 100 arrows all day, close maybe.
    Shooter friend and discussed the 3D this Sunday at Bushnell. The Bushnell 3D range is more set in a long roling gulley and as such it's warm when it's cool and drop dead hot when it's warm and H___ when it's hot. So we have decided to hit it way early, like opening time, 7:00 am.

Sonny Thomas

Default Weather...again

It's been hotter and humid as can be. Yesterday I was working on the tile and a breeze came. Hot, the breeze felt cool. Now, the heat index was quite high, in the high 90s and some areas were said in the 100s.
    Got up this morning and we were near freezing. Yeah, mid 90s yesterday and this morning, 56 degrees! Of course, it was more shock to the body than cold. Still, I was pulling the quilt up under my chin. Supposed to have a cool down for a bit. Hope it lasts all summer....Well, until after this weekend's 3D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    It's been hotter and humid as can be. Yesterday I was working on the tile and a breeze came. Hot, the breeze felt cool. Now, the heat index was quite high, in the high 90s and some areas were said in the 100s.
    Got up this morning and we were near freezing. Yeah, mid 90s yesterday and this morning, 56 degrees! Of course, it was more shock to the body than cold. Still, I was pulling the quilt up under my chin. Supposed to have a cool down for a bit. Hope it lasts all summer....Well, until after this weekend's 3D
    I hear ya. As I get older I have a harder time being motivated to shoot a 3D with sweat running thru my eyes. When I was younger I had more hair and this seemed to absorb some of the sweat. Now it just runs down into my eyes. Usually wear a hat, but then that hold the heat in and fries my little pea brain.

In the other spectrum we have a winter 3D league here and when it gets to 25 degrees and 20 mph winds it's just not as much fun. Hard to concentrate when you get to target #4 and can't feel the bow or release any more. Sucks getting old sometimes.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver