Thread: What....happened?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What....happened?

I'm sure it's been discussed many a time before, but I've been gone, busy for quite a while and I just checked this site and it seems as if all he!! has broke loose!? I've read around a little bit and I know I'd be quite upset if Martin went under. Been almost the only name and is now, in my family's archery arsenal.

I guess it's one of those things I've looked at it and come to the conclusion that it's not so much I'm gonna miss Martin bows, because there will always be other bows out there to choose from, but that this site, and many other memories have been tied around so much to this company it would kind of leave a sinking feeling in stomach. I see Joel is gone, but it's probably for the best for him. Wish him nothing but the absolute best. In the mean time all I suppose we can do is sit here and hope the company picks back up, and keeps producing bows.

Post Thanks / Like

i used to play amateur league paintball back in its prime, i got to live though many of the founding companies of the sport go under during the 08 recession or whatever you want to call it. i got to see my local field go under after 20 years in the business, its just a product of time. nothing last forever
    IM BACK!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jake. Yeah, things have been going a little crazy lately in here. lol Looks like it might all be settling back down though. Good to have you back.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

I mean I know they've been going through some tougher times. It would just be nice to see them pull through.

Post Thanks / Like

No worries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    No worries.
    is that "no worries" like you know something we don't know?
    2012 Rytera Nemesis - Sword Twilight Hunter Sight - QAD HD Bone Collector Drop Away - WindJammer 7" Stabilizer - 438 Grain Beman ICS Hunter Elites - G5 T3's & QAD Exodus Swept Back Version

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kylecurtis04 View Post
    is that "no worries" like you know something we don't know?
    remember ol' sgt. schultz on hogan's heroes?

I know nothing...nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

the fact that their biggest sellers like cabelas, dicks, academy, bass pro dropped them this year doesnt really make it sound like a sign of financial recovery. take it for what its worth. they may just have to get smaller than what they already are like ben pearson and companies like that keep a few of there bigger older school series bows like the cougar and bengal
    IM BACK!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith2 View Post
    the fact that their biggest sellers like cabelas, dicks, academy, bass pro dropped them this year doesnt really make it sound like a sign of financial recovery. take it for what its worth. they may just have to get smaller than what they already are like ben pearson and companies like that keep a few of there bigger older school series bows like the cougar and bengal
    Possibly, but it's just my opinion that they had/have too many bows with very similar specs. I can't see why they need like 5 bows all around the 30" to 32" A2A range. And they could certainly come up with a decent youth/women's bow like Darton's Ranger X with a price to match. To do this they need to hire better engineers and bow designers and be more aggressive with their marketing.

When I was with Pearson back in 2000 thru 2003 I noticed the same thing, as did others. They made some really nice bows, but marketing was and still is lacking.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Sonny Thomas

Default What....happened?

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith2 View Post
    I once did a evaluation thing as in what bows should go and what bows should stay. This for I believe 3 companies. Martin has some outstanding bows and then I'm partial to something of a target bow in the line up. The Bengal was my number 1 choice. Of course the Shadowcat and now I would replace it with the Scepter V. My other included the Pantera, and the Onza III. The Exile I threw in because it's short draw length would take in some youth and women. The Prowler just doesn't appeal to me.
    So 5 of the line up of 10.

Pearson; 2008 was a whole new line up for Pearson - none of the old bows remained. Each year since Pearson has added improvements and for 2013 almost a whole new line up through revisions and that of a new bow (3 in 2 years).
    I R impressed.
    Taking new avenues Ben Pearson Archery is now Ben Pearson Outdoors.