Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After Waiting 6 Months

Post Thanks / Like

The charts are typically set up for recurve and longbows that are not as centershot as the Diablo is. If you want to use a lighter spine arrow, move the rest out some more and let it paradox around the rest. The charts are set up to provide flecthing clearance around the riser. If you are setting it up closer to centershot, you can use a much stiffer arrow and get good flight.

Try adjusting the rest in and out with a particular arrow and you may find a spot where it shoots the best. Also, don't be afraid to adjust the nock point, you might want to start around 3/8" high, and try raising it from there, maybe up to 1/2" or more. One other thing, if your release is not clean, it will tend to make your arrow produce poor flight, espically with light weight bows. Try concentrating on a clean release, and see if that helps.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by DeanRM; 07-23-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Some good points Dean. I have my rest slightly outside center right now. About one arrow diameter at the point. I might try moving it in being as the riser allows for it. I'm well aware of getting off the string cleanly, especially with light weight. Years ago I had a very clean release and it still seems decent so long as I maintain back tension. When I get sloppy there is some wobble, but I've found that when I concentrate on the target I can shoot about 6" to 9" groups at 20 yards with some improvement each day. Of course, nock busting is one thing I don't have to worry about just yet.

If I can get the 22 series to bare shaft I'll stay with them, simply because they're paid (I'm an el cheapo) for and I'm only going to be punching paper and some short range 3D with them. I've been shooting out to 30 yards and after years of compounds I really notice the arch of the arrows now. Almost laughable. Like I said before. It's fun.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Sonny Thomas

Default After Waiting 6 Months

Get pics figured, Barry? I've been loading. Check for JPEG. If in Bitmap they won't load up.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't figured it out yet Sonny. I "manage attachments", add files, and when I click on upload the thing slides out to the right side and my cursor won't do anything more on that page.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default I got mine in 3 weeks I wonder why the difference.

See my posts at the end of the thread "Diablo 2013 td" have pics too.
    I am waiting for my third string. Martin string frayed at the limb after one week about 150 shots. Stone Mountain string frayed at the nock in 3 weeks, about 4 or 5 hundred shots. I will have to learn how serve my own strings.
    Also I had trouble with the bow stringer. Twisted a limb one time with it. I ordered a new one that I hope grips the bottom limb a bit firmer and straighter. Not just a piece of folded leather.

My arrows are Easton St Excel 500, carbon 9/32" 30" 4" fletch. I ordered these from the shop based on their recommendation from the charts. With 100 grain points. Bow is 35#. Two unfletched arrows go to the left. The shop sold me new tips. 65grain. Arrows went more to the left. I ordered 125 grain, and they go less to the left, but I still can't really tune the bow. I think I would need 600 grain arrows.
    I will try to go further out with my rest when I get my new string. I kept going out but it wasn't bringing in the two out to the left of the group.

I really like the bow and have gotten compliments on it from archers and non archers but things are a bit frustrating.