Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seller's remorse?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Seller's remorse?

Brother's and Sister's, Have any of you experienced seller's remorse? I have sold some Martin Nitrous equipped bows, supertuned them, changed the strings and cams and modules, spent hours making them right, and then after they are gone wishing I had them back. Realistically, I think that the used Martin prices have got to go up, account popularity and especially when people see the mechanical part of it and yes the limbs getting rarer. I don't need the money, but also I don't want to overcharge the buyer. My goal is to give the buyer more than they hoped for and to have a few years of enjoyment. My stock is getting low enough that I don't think I will sell anymore as it really bothers me to see them go. Just try to find a nitrous equipped bow even on Ebay anymore. To me, they are worth way more than the paltry sum we get for them. I had a cam-leaning Elite gt500 and buyers fought over who will get to buy it. Archery is hard for me to understand. I made the mistake of telling a gent I had a Slayer for sale and then while describing it to him I realized I could never replace it and then had to tell him I won't sell it. Some things are more valuable than their price.
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, especially when it comes to selling nitrous cams, and modules. Every time I've sold either, not more than a couple of days goes by before I wish that I hadn't sold them. Differnt when I've traded them, like when I traded you B cams for C cams. Square butt limbs are now getting scarcer, some of us might be in a bind if Dave Barnsdale doesn't make a run of square butt limbs sometime soon.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

3. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW had no remorse on our trade. I know you love and respect Martin Nitrous equipped bows as much as I do and you had a need and therefore we met it. My friend MBXXX is always in my "stash" but I am here to help all. You have a very good family, and I am glad to occasionally work on your projects with you guys. Martin archery shooters stick together...thick and thin.
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

5. Thanks underwood, elkslayer4x5 thanked for this post
    Likes elkslayer4x5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got almost all the parts togather now, except while up in Eugene the other day forgot to drop by the archery shop and pick up a Saunders Hyper Glide, and a small string snafu, but we've got plenty of time to get the bow ready. Not sure what to call the bow, Cougar III riser with Jaguar limbs...Couguar. Lol Thanks again for your help Jim, we'd still be looking for parts.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

7. Likes Tosi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've sold things that I wish I hadn't, but then the things I pick up afterwards.... Sort of evens out. Bows are pretty much like horses, you don't want to fall in love with them, but we do. One...Two of the first new bows I ever bought are still with me. My Ole War Horse, a 2000 Hoyt UltraTec hangs retired on the wall where I can see it. The other, a 2000 Hoyt MagnaTec still gets the call for hunting. I go through target bows at least once a year and once in a while I might pick up another. The target bow I have now is waiting to be sold so another can take it's place. I have a second hunting bow, a like new 2009, and as soon as I put new strings on it I'll put it up 4 sale over to another archery shop.

Bows goes, but some of my target stuff remains. Sure Loc sight frames, scopes, Super Ball and Fletcher peeps, back bars, stabilizers, arrow rests and release aids. Yeah, just because something new comes out doesn't make me get rid of the tried and true.
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

9. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guilty as well, every time I get an Oneida. Eventually I'll get tired of the noise and sell it and as soon as it ships out I want it back!!!!!
    Last edited by NuttyNative; 03-02-2014 at 11:23 PM.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

11. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't sell bows and guns. That to me is like selling one of my kids. I traded a gun for another gun, and I have regretted trading that gun for the last 35 years. It was a Savage over under. 22mag over 20 guage with pretty engraving on the side. I traded it for a stupid H&R muzzleloader in 45 cal, because I could not afford the muzzleloader at the time and really wanted to muzzleload after regular deer had ended. I was in my early 20's. 1979 I believe was the year. The quality of the muzzleloader was awful compared to the Savage. I ended up giving the H&R away because it was such junk. I made it a point to never get rid of a quality firearm again, unless I give it to a family member. Which I have done, but that is different.

Anything else is for sale!!!
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

13. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to feel that way but over the years I have started to realize they just sit around collecting dust! I just don't have enough time to shoot them to justify keeping them when someone out there could be making new memories with them! The only two bows that I have kept are my Browning FoxII and my Bear Whitetail. Fox II was my first bow ever and now my daughter shoots it and I killed my first deer with the Whitetail so it has a sentimental value, but I have had quite a few other bows come and go over the years!
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver
    Truball stinger release
    CX Heart Attack 350
    100g Rocket Hammerheads

Bow String Depot

60% of the time it works every time!

WWW.shorewindshuntingfarm.com

15. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes the sitting around thing bothers me too. I have 7 bows I have never shot. Have sold a few to my friends and remorse is not so bad as the "tethers" can still reach them, lol. Yes shortchanging others joy from these bows is unfair too. The real dilemma is...where do we draw the sell/keep line? The bows aren't getting younger, neither are we. Parts are getting more scarce.

Post Thanks / Like

I have only ever had two bows. The first and only one I ever bought. The Cougar II MT-6 that I bought in 1981, and the Browning that was my father's first and only bow. He also gave me a Browning Crossbow. A compound crossbow that they sold in the eighties. I am actually trying to get it up and running. So that is the only archery equipment I have ever owned.
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver