Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bow string Inspried by No longer impressed

Post Thanks / Like

Jim (If that's REALLY your name!! lol), reading your post, I was for some reason reminded of listening to the news for several days, many years ago, as a group climbed a mountain in California - El Capitan, perhaps? Taking a previously untried route or something? Can't remember the specifics, was probably forty years ago. Anyway, the radio news followed their progress every news broadcast until they finally reached the top then there were news people and camera men there already, to cover their final reaching of the top. In other words, there were a lot easier ways to get to the top of the mountain. You may have taken the harder route, but as long as you make it, it doesn't matter much, does it.
    The best in all things, to you... o
    Anything I may post is in no way meant to besmirch anyone or any entity in any way, so please don't take it, wrongly, as such. Thank You.

2. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Likes mxtuner1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you otisT...of course there is a lot more, but you know what? I am very happy right now. I have worked at the same place for 36 years almost and a gent from another town got in my face screaming about something I did not do. A few years ago I might have asked him to go outside and discuss it man to man. Now I just let him ramble on, and on, then told him I didn't appreciate his language and then walked to my hotel. On the walk, 3 times I wanted to go back and make an attitude adjustment. But I tried to think of the negatives he was having in his life and I thought I hope things get better for him. I am not going to waste beautiful good days and let others try to bring my days down. The "mountain" I climbed I hope I never get complacent and not strive to go higher. In my mid 50's I feel like a teenager again, I have the best relationships ever, and look forward to every day. I still feel like a newlywed, been 8 years, divorced 9.5 years. Wife actually likes the fact when I come home from work. Grandkids fight over who gets to go to Grandpa's. (No restriction...come all,lol.) Named engineer of the year out of 1400 engineer's 3 years in a row. Invented a variable flow propane injection for diesel trucks that works as good as I planned. Could go on and on but there is always a bright light at the end of the tunnel. And my name is JIM!
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing Jim, and I know I for one am glad you joined this forum.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

5. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Thanks for sharing Jim, and I know I for one am glad you joined this forum.

A.S
    Thank you so much A.S.
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

Post Thanks / Like

I am aslo glad that I've cyber met you, even more so after the things you've shared in this thead. Sometime adverisity brings out the best in people. Thanks for being here Jim!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

8. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post