Hey Guys and Gals,
I've been pondering something that I thought that some of you might be able to provide some input on. Years ago, I was a pretty avid archer....nerve competitively, but always had a target butt set up in the back yard and loosed many thousands of arrows from the time that I was about 7 years old and older. Then, about 15 years ago, I dropped out of archery and am just now getting back in. Those years ago, Martin was considered to be a "cream of the crop" bow....a bow that was built better and certainly a lot better looking than most of the Bear, PSE, Oneida and other bows that I shot. I always wanted to own a Martin, but until a couple of years ago, never did. Now I notice that there seems to be a lot of negativity heaped upon the brand.....everybody seems to put the brand down and put it into a "cheap" bow cataegory.....just no respect for the brand. Have they really fallen that badly, or do any of you think that it's just a cyclical thing? Just curious as the brand doesn't seem to have that cachet that it used to have. Of course, now that they've been sold, most of this probably doesn't matter because they may cease to be, but I'm really curious as to what happened during the 15 or so years that I was absent. Sorry that I rambeled a bit, but I wanted to try to put this question in context. Thanks for your thoughts.....and good shooting!