Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Question about the martin brand.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    I had a set of the Power Tuff limbs split like in the picture, only I found them as cracks before the limbs let go.
    Sent them back to Martin and got a new set for $100, I am 2nd. owner of the bow so I had to pay for them.
    Don.
    Don if you have other issue look at Barnsdale limbs for about $150 a set. Last limbs you will put on them + he has great CS.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

I had a set of the Power Tuff limbs split like in the picture, only I found them as cracks before the limbs let go.
    Sent them back to Martin and got a new set for $100, I am 2nd. owner of the bow so I had to pay for them.
    Don.
    A question just came to mind. Once you buy the set are they now warrantied?
    2012 Rytera Nemesis - Sword Twilight Hunter Sight - QAD HD Bone Collector Drop Away - WindJammer 7" Stabilizer - 438 Grain Beman ICS Hunter Elites - G5 T3's & QAD Exodus Swept Back Version

Post Thanks / Like

the current Martin ownership reminds me of a circular firing squad...they seem to keep doing their best to make sure the company does not survive. several interested buyers reported but somehow the deals always fall through.

i had a second hand SC that split a limb and Joel made sure i got a free replacement set. my SV had a splinter on the edge of the limb and they offered to replace it free but i chose to just smooth it off myself.

i don't know that has anything to do with anything, but that has been my experience...no other problems and i plan on keeping the Scepter V and shoot it again next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Don.
    That is truly the first time I have ever heard of Martins CS requiring payment for replacement limbs. I know it is unwritten and they are in their rights however Joel would have taken care of you and I can tell you without a doubt he is the reason a lot of people continued to shoot them...martin that is to say.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    That is truly the first time I have ever heard of Martins CS requiring payment for replacement limbs. I know it is unwritten and they are in their rights however Joel would have taken care of you and I can tell you without a doubt he is the reason a lot of people continued to shoot them...martin that is to say.
    yes the "former" joel would have taken care of it........who knows now days
    IM BACK!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It was Joel that I talked to. He told me that because I wasn't the first person to own the bow I had to pay for the limbs and to take it to the nearest Martin dealer.
    Once the dealer got the replacement limbs they called me, I put the bow back togeather to save some money.
    I had a set of cams that had the edge on the string groove peel away on me at the shot and I had to pay for them also.
    The cams were on a different bow than the bow the limbs split on.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

It was Joel that I talked to. He told me that because I wasn't the first person to own the bow I had to pay for the limbs and to take it to the nearest Martin dealer.
    Once the dealer got the replacement limbs they called me, I put the bow back togeather to save some money.
    I had a set of cams that had the edge on the string groove peel away on me at the shot and I had to pay for them also.
    The cams were on a different bow than the bow the limbs split on.
    Don.
    One thing a have to give martin is best CS I had a alien x I bought used on AT and it developed a crack limb and I called martin told them the deal they wanted me to take it to a dealer but I didn't have one close so long story short they sent new limbs and axles e clips all I had to do was send my old limbs back which I did.this was a few years back but joel went above what he needed to do......

Post Thanks / Like

some of you saw my post about my limb biting the dust. as someone else mentioned, I was glad it didn't completely fail in regard to parts going everywhere. that could have been very painful. martin is sending new limbs to the local shop and they are putting it together for $40-$50. not a big deal but I would be plenty hacked off if the new set gave way and I had to pay again. I realize the warranty doesn't cover labor, but it should. if your car breaks under warranty then the dealer does the work and is reimbursed by the manufacturer. had I send it in it they would have paid someone to do the labor, and shipping would have been half as much. but whatever, it's a great bow and i'll be happy to have it back and proud to shoot it. the barnsdale limbs would go on it there were any future issues. I wonder if martin would give that $100 credit that they charged the guy for limbs who was the 2nd owner towards a set of barnsdale limbs?

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by firefighter42; 08-10-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I know i'm comparing apples to oranges, but take running shoes for instance. asics I believe is probaby the best running shoe you can get. They don't cost as much, but they don't spend alot of money on adver. ( except when the olympics are getting close. ) You end up paying a lot of dollars for adver. thus the price of the shoes or in this case a bow. I've owned a '03 magnum ( can't remember the model name) and I have a saber. Now, they aren't the top of the line of martin, but for the money, they shoot better that anything else I have owned or own now. Now I remember, a '03 jaguar magnum compound with the fusion cam. That was the first single cam bow I owned. Loved that bow !! My son-in-law has my saber. I'm kind of hoping he doesn't really want it much in a couple of years, because that bow shoots great. I would love to have it back. Just my thoughts!
    Tommy