Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anchor point and draw length

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I'm kinda with Barry, it almost looks like you're over-extending your bow arm, and it seems you may be leaning backwards a tad, both indicators of being a bit long on draw length. Your anchor points look good though. See if you can get a side shot head to toe, and we'll be able to tell for sure.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Sonny Thomas

Default anchor point and draw length

About like all have said; I first pic, 7/29, is showing bow are hyper extended, bow shoulder appears high, anchor too low and leaning back. So lots of; draw length of bow is too long. Note; pic 1 seems to show your bow forearm going down, indicating elbow out instead of the norm 45 degree down.

Pic 2, 8/01; Looking gooder. String almost touching the nose and crossing corner of mouth is almost the said perferred align thing. Pic not all the good for seeing, but hint of bow arm still not right. Like to have pic of bow arm, you, shoulder all the way out to and including hand to grip and a full length pic, your stance and all....

PhotoBucket has two ways to post pic, img should automatically load here, cope, paste thing. The is a link to get pic. And we have the paper clip ...attachments, load from your computer, just make sure of pic being JPEG ...won't accept Bitmap. Size to 400X400 or there of is nice size.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, all that chatter was funny. Remember your body should look like a lower case "t". I see a lean as well.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

I'll see if I can get some head to toe shots tomorrow. Not to complicate things, but I recently bought a 4 finger release but hadn't really used it yet as I've been focusing on getting the new Martin set up. I'm thinking that while I'm making these adjustments it would be a good time to phase it in. Any advice on what changes I'll need to make or adjustments to my anchor point? Etc. I shot with it once and my groups were about 6" high and right (I'm a lefty). My hand will turn 90 degrees with a handheld, correct?

Sonny Thomas

Default anchor point and draw length

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter42 View Post
    I'll see if I can get some head to toe shots tomorrow. Not to complicate things, but I recently bought a 4 finger release but hadn't really used it yet as I've been focusing on getting the new Martin set up. I'm thinking that while I'm making these adjustments it would be a good time to phase it in. Any advice on what changes I'll need to make or adjustments to my anchor point? Etc. I shot with it once and my groups were about 6" high and right (I'm a lefty). My hand will turn 90 degrees with a handheld, correct?
    Any change can change shot placement, so no big deal. Thumb release, I take it? If so, no, your hand should be about 45 degrees. Anchor is usually first and second knuckles of hand at corner of jaw and jaw bone splitting the first and second fingers. This gives something of a bone to bone anchor and easily repeatable. Don't force, you want natural. Don't anchor too far back or a tendency to roll the hand may come about, keep fingers to the jaw line and you'll be okay. And then it's just getting use to and making any fine adjustments. Hand same way if going with a hinge.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, welcome firefighter; nice, helpful folks here. Glad you posted pics as proper anchor has been plaguing me too. Would like to see some that were 'right'.