+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it this time yet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Our archery deer season opened Saturday. Never seen anything but other hunters opening day. Sunday was a different story, was hunting a new area in the hills we've never been before. I pulled over in a wide spot to check the map & see if we were where I thought we should be. While I'm looking at the map the wife is glassing the hillside. A few minutes later she says "I think I see four legs behind that tree" We spend three or four minutes trying to get on the same page (woman directions/descriptions need deciphered) Then she says " Marty, it's lookin right at me, holy s___ it's big, and I think it's a boy, but there's something wrong with his horns, their brown. (she didn't know they are in velvet) Just about then I finally figured out where she was looking, just in time to see a brown blob turn and head up the hill.
    We take off in the truck to get above him a few corners & I head up the hill to where I figure he will be heading. Takes me about 20 minutes to get there. I catch my breath at the top and the wind changes, I hear limbs snap down & to my right. I took one step and drew the bow at the same time. This is the first time I've got to see what was behind the tree. Looking straight at me 60 yards away is a monster 4x5, it only lasted 2 or 3 seconds then it was horns and tail bouncing away. Last time I seen him he was 125 yards and still going. Needless to say, the wife & I are working on her hunting lingo and terms!!
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Sept. 16 thru Dec. 31st here in Kansas. Makes me realize how little scouting I have done this year.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Ready for oct 1st here in michigan i have the cameras set up in the u.p
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Our archery deer season opens September 14th this year. The bear season opens September 4th. I am chomping at the bit for the bear season to open.

Post Thanks / Like

Washington's early archery deer season opens September 1, and runs through the 27th. We'll be hunting from the 14th through the 21st; we camp for a week and hunt about the time mulie doe comes in season on the 15th every year. Before that the season regs say any whitetail, and mulie 3pt or better... we have both in the area we hunt, and going the week after mulie doe opens gives us more options to put meat in the freezer.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

That was a funny one Nutty. To bad you did not connect.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Got the inside info on this guy from a friend at work. Guess he's been showing up pretty regular in the corner of his property, going after him Saturday.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Nice NN! Good luck. Its been my experience that the nice bucks usually disappear opening day. I think they get an email or text alert....
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Its been my experience that the nice bucks usually disappear opening day. I think they get an email or text alert....
    Nah, they just read the Fish and Game Department's website. That way they can also learn the most popular way that people hunt them. LOL

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you get him NN.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread