Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin getting auctioned off?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin getting auctioned off?

I read a post on AT that said the bank is auctioning off Martin? Any truth to this or is it just a rumor?
    2012 Rytera Nemesis - Sword Twilight Hunter Sight - QAD HD Bone Collector Drop Away - WindJammer 7" Stabilizer - 438 Grain Beman ICS Hunter Elites - G5 T3's & QAD Exodus Swept Back Version

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know..but you could do a google for the name of the local paper and check the legal ads...should be something there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kylecurtis04 View Post
    I read a post on AT that said the bank is auctioning off Martin? Any truth to this or is it just a rumor?
    Ya someone is spreading that one around AT Like its a big secret wonder who it could be......

Sonny Thomas

Default Martin getting auctioned off?

If so I haven't seen such. Again, I don't know of anyone that wants to see Martin go down the drain.
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 08-11-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed! My martin and Rytera are some great shooters. Hear a lot of complaining but I said it before not from me. And all the rumors flying around....reminds me of a bunch a school girls trying to make one girl look bad! Ha ha.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't find any such on that AT site, though not much of a computer geek, nor is that the way such a thing would be done anyway. Would think such BS would border on slander. I doubt yelling 'FIRE!' in a crowded internet theater is legal either, but that would be for Martin to pursue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otisT View Post
    I didn't find any such on that AT site, though not much of a computer geek, nor is that the way such a thing would be done anyway. Would think such BS would border on slander. I doubt yelling 'FIRE!' in a crowded internet theater is legal either, but that would be for Martin to pursue.
    its a reply within a thread. i believe it is one where a guy thinks his riser might be cracked.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis - Sword Twilight Hunter Sight - QAD HD Bone Collector Drop Away - WindJammer 7" Stabilizer - 438 Grain Beman ICS Hunter Elites - G5 T3's & QAD Exodus Swept Back Version

Post Thanks / Like

A bank or any other entity; person for that matter, has the right, still, in this country to sell anything that belongs to them. All they need do is make it theirs first, which takes quite a bit of time and effort for something as simple as repossessing a car. Even in a friendly take over, a bank would have to come in, shut the company down, bring in examiners, post public notices, go through waiting periods, ect, ect. ect.; probably take months before any auctions might take place. It's up to Martin, but I hate to see intentionally harmful acts perpetrated on the internet by small people and companies having to chalk them up to 'nuisances'. Don't believe I'll waste time looking up this leprechaun's post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The silence is maddening.......

Hey Guys,
    Mr. Sonny Thomas is totally correct......I don't believe that anyone in their right mind wants for such an honored American company to fall onto the trash heap of failed businesses. There's simply too much tradition and the "love of archery" entwined in this one company. I can see, though, how rumors could start, especially when everyone is left in information vaccum that exists right now. In the absence of any "tid-bit" of positive news from the younger Martins, all that is seen is Martin's sources of distribution completely dried up, valued employees who represented the promise of Martin fired, phones in customer service not answered and calls not returned. Despite our earnest hopes that this revered maker of our bows will be here in the tomorrows, the facts seem ominous. I, for one, am hoping that the writing on the wall is wrong, and that what we're seeing is simply the convulsions that corporations go through when vast changes are effected; I for one am hoping that what comes from all of this is a re-invigorated Martin that will go forward to reclaim their rightful place in this industry as a source of archery's best ideas and makers of the highest quality. We can only wait and see......and hope that the damage done to the Martin name soon comes to an end. Terry and Ryan owe their buying public at least the courtesy of some direction; after all, many of us continued to purchase their bows even while our limbs were failing, parts were mounted incorrectly and essentially having to "rebuild" most of our new Martin bows to get them onto the firing line. Maybe new ownership would be the best solution after all.......what do you think guys and gals?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm kind of surprised that one of the BIG 3 hasn't lashed on to them yet like Bow Tech did with Diamond and or Mission is to Mathews. (?) Maybe it's location.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2014 Mathews Creed
    2001 PSE Excellerator