Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin getting auctioned off?

Post Thanks / Like

I did a search for anything "Martin" or "auction" in the Walla Walla newspaper and came up empty.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Well done, Mr. Fisher. I suppose it's back to the "information vaccum" for the peasants, then. The question remains, though.....how can the younger Martins, the heirs apparent, simply allow this name-sake company to simply go through what appears to be a completely destructive process? Possibly they've completely tired of the grind that competition can be. For many who are so interested in archery, Martin occupies a position of historical significance; probably to the Martin Family, though, going to work in Walla Walla is simply the so called "another day in paradise" of the daily grind.

Sonny Thomas

Default Martin getting auctioned off?

Quote Originally Posted by baerman View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Mr. Sonny Thomas is
    Not that I am offended, but deserving of "Mr." is beyond me. I am as human and fallible as the next person. On a good day I'm okay and on bad day, look out.

So, my name, Sonny, will suffice. < Has been called worse

Post Thanks / Like

Well done, Mr. Fisher. I suppose it's back to the "information vaccum" for the peasants, then. The question remains, though.....how can the younger Martins, the heirs apparent, simply allow this name-sake company to simply go through what appears to be a completely destructive process? Possibly they've completely tired of the grind that competition can be. For many who are so interested in archery, Martin occupies a position of historical significance; probably to the Martin Family, though, going to work in Walla Walla is simply the so called "another day in paradise" of the daily grind.
    I don't know how to take the "Mr. Fisher" remark, but let me assure you that I will not lie to anybody on this forum or lead them astray. I'm as in the dark as the rest of you guys as to the company's future. I thought I might find something in the Walla Walla newspaper so Googled it and came up dry. You might figure that this would be newsworthy in a town of about 30,000, but who knows?

As for the family carrying on the company I have met both Dan and Terry on several occasions and they are not spring chickens anymore either, and they've been working the company for years now. Maybe they want to retire, too, while they still have some life left. I would guess that's why the company has been for sale for several years.

So like the rest here I am awaiting some official announcement, however good or bad it might be. And who knows, maybe it will eventually be bought and brought back as a viable and innovative entity to take it's place as a leader in the archery world.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Mind you the individual that posted has more accounts than most of us have digits and has been one to flip-flop on multiple occasions when it comes to the company. I do not wish to stir the pot anymore than that since it has been done before and that is not what I want to be associated with, but it is hard to believe people when that is part of their track record. I find it harder to believe that the source that is being cited is one that he would have much connection to as I would think we have members here that would be much more in touch with that individual than most and would have heard something by now.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Sonny Thomas

I was to understand Dan retired a few years back, 3 maybe. Terry is right behind Dan and I think Terry is older than me (64). Ryan is the youngster, 40 something. Dan and Terry were probably about like me when my mother announced I had a baby brother coming, 21 years after I was born. Trying to remember, maybe Barry knows. I think only one grandchild, maybe 2 is envolved with Martin.

Remember now, Ben Pearson Outdoors is well past the Ben Pearson by many years and 3 owners since. Hoyt, Earl gone these many years, has been guided by Randy Walk for more years than I can count, at least 15 years (and Hoyt is owned by Easton). Look up Easton and see the many Links. Delta/McKenzie is there also.....

Post Thanks / Like

OK guys, I just got a message from "insider" that although it's not publicly known Martin is going to be auctioned off. I would assume it's piece by piece. It's also not common knowledge that Martin, due to $1.6 Million debt is owned by a bank and that's where the major decisions are coming from. Pretty much the whole Martin family is old enough to retire with the exception of Ryan.

When the public sale/auction would take place is still unknown to my knowledge.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    OK guys, I just got a message from "insider" that although it's not publicly known Martin is going to be auctioned off. I would assume it's piece by piece. It's also not common knowledge that Martin, due to $1.6 Million debt is owned by a bank and that's where the major decisions are coming from. Pretty much the whole Martin family is old enough to retire with the exception of Ryan.

This could be very bad or very good we will have to wait and see..
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post

just made me sick to my stomach.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis - Sword Twilight Hunter Sight - QAD HD Bone Collector Drop Away - WindJammer 7" Stabilizer - 438 Grain Beman ICS Hunter Elites - G5 T3's & QAD Exodus Swept Back Version

Sonny Thomas

Seems I did have my wires crossed. Dan is the oldest, Terry and Ryan is grandson. I always listened to staff shooters and assumed the trio brothers.

Auctions are not the best bet for getting rid of stuff. Buyers, if not bidding against each other, usually come out on the top end.

Dealing with horses, I had one bumping the bid until I gave the "let go." Of liquidation, getting out the horse business, I depreciated all tackle and horses - tax thing - and then sold out. Alway sort of in the good, I made out like a bandit. Nothing big, but enough coins to make the wife happy.