Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin getting auctioned off?

Post Thanks / Like

Well Fellas,
    I guess that's it, then. Martin, as we have always known it is essentially not going to exist any longer, except possibly as a name under which a buyer can manufacture. Gone is the innovation that created the many patents and the Martin "feel", for want of a better term. Yes, it's a sad day, but it's something that we Americans have had to become familiar with as corporations abandon their presence in the market-place. Although he had to know it, I'm just glad that Mr. Martin Sr. (Gail) isn't going to have to see his life's work chopped up and pieced out. Guess, too, that we'll have to canabalize the Martin bows that we have to keep 'em running.....for a while. By the way, Mr. Fisher, I don't know what "other" name to call you by.....I don't think that you sign by any other way than BFisher. So, it wasn't a remark....just addressing you and thanking you for the research. And Sonny, I'll use that name going forward......thank you for your input, as always.

Post Thanks / Like

Barry,
    Is this site going to be going away,or is it staying?
    Don.
    P.S.
    Sonny,
    What kind of horses did you have?
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Sonny Thomas

Default Martin getting auctioned off?

Off subject, but.....

Don,
    Our main horses were Quarter horses. We had two mares of lineage, King's Misty Cloud who was double bred back to King P234 (noted foundation sire) and once to Two Eyed Jack. Girl was a triple bred Three Bars mare and once back to Handcock. We had two thoroughbred mares by Ole Fols, a California top sire.

We had three studs, all were trail broke. The Paint stud was one you had to stay in the middle of to make him behave. The other two were like kittens.
    Our main stud was Mr. A Sharp Bell, own son to A Sharp. Bell won the Iowa Futurity and held the Springfield race track record for 330 yards until the track was tore down. A Paint Stud, Justice Two, own son the many times State Champion show horse Leo's Justice. We then had a App Stud for a while.
    People wanting breedings for practically nothing we sold the Paint and App. Bell sold after his last breeding year mainly because of the coming required blood testing for each breeding. Just wasn't enough money in it.

Our actual small herd ran around 12 to 16 head. But then we horse traded quite a bit, running something like 275 through our Farm/Ranch.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW Barry! I would believe that something is circling above. I could really see the one of BIG 3 picking up the building and company name and keeping the Martin Brand Name in association with traditional bow equipment. Would they get the Patent,? This could be the E-ticket ride. I've enjoyed Martin but do wish QA and Limbs were better, maybe the future will hold something better for all of us archers that are looking for a quality bow at a good price.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    Barry,
    Is this site going to be going away,or is it staying?
    Don.
    P.S.
    Sonny,
    What kind of horses did you have?
    Baerman, just didn't know if you were being sarcastic or not. That's the problem with the internet. Anyway, you can just call me Barry (my first name). And please don't call me Mr Barry. I drive school bus part time and that's what my kids call me. LOL.

Don, I haven't the foggiest notion as to what will happen to this site. As I've told the mods, one day we'll log on and it'll be gone. Then we might have to Dominate the Martin forum on AT. Wish I could share some good news, but what will be will be.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Why bother speculating what might happen, and instead wait and see what happens? Its not like any of us has any control over it. Like Barry said what will be will be.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As soon as I get some time guys I would like to hook up a forum on my website for all of us to go chill like we do here. Just got to research it. Not sure but we will see if I can.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

MI1

Unhappy

lousy news.....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Barry. Sad day for the archery industry, that's for sure. My brother in law's comment when I told him was "so much for the warranty on our bows huh?"... and he's correct. There goes one of the best warranties in the industry, as well as CS, and some of the best ingenuity and design.

Hopefully someone with vision for the future and respect for the past picks up the gauntlet and runs with it, proudly.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Thanks for the info Barry. Sad day for the archery industry, that's for sure. My brother in law's comment when I told him was "so much for the warranty on our bows huh?"... and he's correct. There goes one of the best warranties in the industry, as well as CS, and some of the best ingenuity and design.

Hopefully someone with vision for the future and respect for the past picks up the gauntlet and runs with it, proudly.
    Well said Wabbit. I'm not aware of the legal ramifications as to whether there will be any future warranty service, but I kind of doubt it. Look at it this way. If you love Martin then I have some 2013 bows for sale---cheap. Check the classifieds. My prices are much less than dealer and the bows are new.
    Last edited by bfisher; 08-13-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver