Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Replacement limbs, since Martin is going out of business?

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to buy a 2012 Onza but whats going on at the moment has stopped me from purchasing it. Vista camo 70# 29dl and its for a good price too but with the limb issues and everything else whats a man to do? I could buy it get barndales and have it for years idk if it still at the pro shop I know I may still buy it cuz I do love the bridged riser.

Post Thanks / Like

i have 2 sets of Powertuff limb 50lb
    i have 1 set 135, and 155 barndales limb.

Powertuff limb finishing is rough and i have one set, the paint peel off, and i try to pull the peel off, it straight goes into the limb, so its splitter.
    i sanded down the part that splitter, and notice, that particular area is not even from the cut. i actually sanded off the coating, and the limb surface is not smoothed out, its rough, and u will see alot of hair.

Barndales' limb their finishing under the coating is smooth like mirror and you dont see any of the hair line.

I found this out when i actually sanded the limb for refinishing the color.

I guess, smooth finished limb surface will be stronger due to the neat line up of the surface and no chance for the limb to start crack or splitter??? just my 2 cent opinion.

i love to try sanded out the Powertuff limb to smooth surface near future and try it out, compare whether it can last longer or not.
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

NOT ALL MARTIN's limb have issue....

The unlucky one will have issues....

Its like buying a brand new car depend on luck.... some give thumb up and some curse they will not buy that brand again.
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

My 55-70# 2012 Nemesis 2.0 has 3MP limbs. It actually maxes out at 74#. I wonder if these aren't the same deflection as Barnesdale 115's?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Data base error

Barry, since you are a moderator. Do you know why this (see below) keeps coming up when I try to access my inbox and profile? Oh no...am I banned?

Database error
    The Martin Tech Forum database has encountered a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:
    •Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    •Open the martinarchery.com home page, then try to open another page.
    •Click the Back button to try another link.

The martinarchery.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    Barry, since you are a moderator. Do you know why this (see below) keeps coming up when I try to access my inbox and profile? Oh no...am I banned?

Database error
    The Martin Tech Forum database has encountered a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:
    •Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    •Open the martinarchery.com home page, then try to open another page.
    •Click the Back button to try another link.

The martinarchery.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    No Scott, I have no idea what's going on. I'm having the same problem and been into the admin control panel to see if there was anything I could do, but I don't have permissions to check an/or change lot of things. I have notified the webmaster and can only wait and see what happens.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    No Scott, I have no idea what's going on. I'm having the same problem and been into the admin control panel to see if there was anything I could do, but I don't have permissions to check an/or change lot of things. I have notified the webmaster and can only wait and see what happens.
    Thanks Barry, Just as long as its widespread and not just me.