Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winding down

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vaya con dios Martin Forums;

Thanks for the help and camaraderie of all here. I won't try and name everybody because I'd, no doubt, leave out some. While the twin demise of a company and these forums seems inevitable, a couple thoughts strike me as comforting;

No big deal, but since getting my Martin bow, I became intrigued with Gail Martin's 'story' a bit; studied up on him on line and came to admire the man as an innovator and an American entrepreneur. Companies come and go; that's just the way it goes, but I think Gail Martin now has an eternity to be proud of his accomplishments and the company he built, and it was still viable when he left. I don't see that all as a bad outcome. I also rather think Mr. Martin's integrity, and the integrity of his company for so many years, probably has had some influence on the decency and integrity of those on these forums; a small group but good hearted people; loyal to his products, eager to help others and quick to smile. For all that, I thank Gail Martin and all of you.... o

Post Thanks / Like

Well stated Otis, couldn't agree more.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Plainsman

Ya'll let me know via email where the new hang out will be. gw@usrecon.com
    Will hang on here as long as it last.

Post Thanks / Like

I know I pop on here around deer season, but I have had a great time with all of you, hope to see you around the web. Thank you all for the great information and your company as well. I will still check on this site until it goes away, I hope to see some pics from this season.

Post Thanks / Like

If any of y'all want my email send me a PM. We can talk about Hutch's PINK archery gear, or hunting.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Sonny Thomas

Default Winding down

Ya'll know I'm in AT and in the Pearson Forums and a few other sites/forums - bowblitz, realtree, IBO, Elite.
    Might try this one....Sort of laid back - contest going on right now.
    www.themidwesthunter.com
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 08-21-2013 at 06:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been a member here for a little while, though I haven't posted much. I've pretty much just lurked around reading the different topics. I do the same on Archery Talk, too. Anyway, I have been following the Martin saga for a while now. It sure is sad to see such a company go by the wayside. I wanted so much to get another Bengal to replace my old one, but with the issues Martin was having I just couldn't. I still check the forums here regularly, but I just know I will click the bookmark one day to receive Error 404.

Post Thanks / Like

Well at least they are still sending out items.
    I had a set of cams replaced and bought some other item, they came in today to my local Martin dealer.
    I asked them if they have heard anything about the sale, they said all has been quiet.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, It's been good fellas looking forward to Hutches new forum i will be under the same username. Sad to see the company go like this.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

OK, so don't pm me cause it is still broke. Look me up on Huntbuds.com same Typically8 there as in here. Or shoot me an email at rocnrbhnf@yahoo.com
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)