Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooting for fun

Post Thanks / Like

Well i have been shooting my x200 for a couple months now and she is shooting a flemish strings and shooting great!(wish the shooter was a little better) i still have a lot of work to do before hunting season.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Just for fun? Same here . Waiting for my second hand Bronco. It's 30# at 24" so should be just right at 26" to start with. And it's only 48" long so I think 3 under would be a good start method. Ha, that's going to be like 50 years since I've done longbow shooting as a kid...seems closing the loop of my life
    [B]2011 Martin Exile
    [B]2012 Hoyt CRX-32

Post Thanks / Like

I have found a string from extreme strings.com that is holding up well. They offered to repair a string but they told me the serving was hitting my arm. I quit shooting with an arm guard and hold my bow so that I don't hit my arm. Seems to be working better for the string and my shooting. I too have been having lots of fun with my diablo td. I am still in the process of getting a set of arrows tuned. I am shooting bare shafts a couple of inches to the right of the group. I ordered lighter tips.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a new Martin Saber Takedown and I want to start shooting 3D or just target shooting. I just won a 30" doinker stabilizer and I hope to use that on the saber. Any other recommendations for setting up the saber for target?

Post Thanks / Like

I think with the Hunger Games coming out and becoming such a success the tradition bows are amking a huge come back

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep as a custom string builder I am getting a lot of recurve strings!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've got an old (70's I think) Root Archery recurve that I take out from time to time. Several of us took them to a 3d shoot once and had so much fun laughing at each other we totally forgot the time.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z

Post Thanks / Like

I got back into archery after 55 years (I'm now 72). Last Oct. I found a 1966 Shakespeare Trident X-25 30# recurve in a antique shop. A new string, arrows, and a Black Hole target and I'm back having fun on my 20 yd. backyard range. Two days ago I "won" a Martin X-100 20# on eBay for some of my grandkids to use (maybe my wife, too). Although the winter in PA has been very cold, I have been shooting most days. I found this site while researching Martin. Glad to have found it.

9. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe H View Post
    I got back into archery after 55 years (I'm now 72). Last Oct. I found a 1966 Shakespeare Trident X-25 30# recurve in a antique shop. A new string, arrows, and a Black Hole target and I'm back having fun on my 20 yd. backyard range. Two days ago I "won" a Martin X-100 20# on eBay for some of my grandkids to use (maybe my wife, too). Although the winter in PA has been very cold, I have been shooting most days. I found this site while researching Martin. Glad to have found it.
    And we're glad to have you. Especially a fellow Pennsylvanian.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin/Rytera Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Martin Tech Forum Joe! The more the merrier.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com