Thread: Gotta question, fellas.......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gotta question, fellas.......

I have a 2010 Warthog that has very little shooting on it, but I've really liked what I've seen from it so far. Fairly smooth considering the Cat2 Cams and really fast now that I've gotten everything in tune. The question is this.....my local Pro Shop will trade a Darton 2500 for the Warthog and 200.00. Considering the fact that Martin factory parts and support might be going away, should I order some Barnsdale limbs for the Warthog and take the chance of keeping it, or trade for the Darton? By the way, the 2500, while not a new model, is still new in the box. Apparently, the dealer couldn't sell it an it's still in his store-room. Anyway, a judgement call. Thanks for any and all opinions.

Post Thanks / Like

you will want to shoot the darton first it's feel is a lot different than your martin
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Boy, that's a tough call. Darton is another company that I have always liked. How much is he asking straight up for the Darton?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I heard from the pro dealer I talk to that Darton bows are very good and so underrated. There are no Darton dealers within my traveling distance, so I only see them on the internet. Since we are talking of other companies Elites are so nice, I will be getting a 2013 answer real soon, hopefully by the end of this month. I don't like talking of moving on but if all is true its the thing to do. Plus Elites kind of remind me of Martins anyway. Well this is the facts of life so I will stay with Martin archery as long as their here and as long as my Aliens last. Plus who can step up and come up with a bow called the "Alien" or "Nemesis", only Martin, man that's awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got two Warthogs, and I wouldn't consider getting rid of them both. One, maybe. They are just too good of a bow. I did put a set of Barnsdales on one of them ($150) due to a cracked limb. That bow shoots even better now. I know Darton makes great bows, but I would advise shooting the Darton or a comparable Darton before making the decision. After you do that, only you can make the decision.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

darton is most definetly underrated. heard a lot of good things from their compounds and crossbows....was looking at one once, but like others have said, no local dealers, the warthog is one bow i was hoping if martin had continued to exist , would have revived in the future as their speed machine
    IM BACK!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input, guys. As a side note, I did speak with the folks at Martin yesterday, and they're still holding out for a buyer.....supposedly, they have two party's that are already in the archery business that are very interested and might tender an offer. Regardless of which bows we buy, let's hope that Martin continues to live and thrive.....they've just got too much history in this small industry to simply walk away into that cold night. Barry, I believe that he wants 600.00 for the Darton 2500 straight up, but he's known to inflate the asking price to allow for negotiation. I've also purchased "new" bows from him in the past to only find out that they were not new, but simply lightly used. Still, when you buy new, you should get new. Again, thanks for the input....and Ehunter, you're right; the Warthog shoots unbelievably well for a speed bow.

Sonny Thomas

Default Gotta question, fellas.......

Darton has been low keyed seems forever, but remember this, a bunch of bow companies paid Royalties ($$$) for their cam system and more than likely so did Martin.... In short, Darton had cash coming in and they didn't have to "play in the fast lane" to do it.

One of my early years sidekicks had a Maverick Darton. Fast, accurate and was second to none to any bow on the market. For a couple years it was him and me in the place/win column at the majority of club 3Ds...