Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible bent riser on 2011 LH Pantera?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Possible bent riser on 2011 LH Pantera?

How zit everybody,
    I'm helping my buddy set up his 2011 Pantera, which he basically shot for only a month when bought new in 2011, and noticed that the flecthing on his arrows are making contact with cables. We can't get any of the three rest that I tried installing without the forks hitting the riser. He has both the TRG w/ SOS system and a new set of standard cable rod w/ slide set up. I tried both set ups and even used a center shot tool and it looks like the string is far to the riser side by 5/16". Checked for cam lean, none. But after running a straight edge along the riser, it looks like it flexes to the left by about a 1/4". He got this from a dealer here on Maui who no longer lives here and doesn't recall ever getting the receipt for the bow other than the deposit slip. What can I do to help my Buddy.

BTW, there is a slight separation, about 1/32 and a small bubble in the metal where the top half of the bow meets the sight window. Is this bow a modular design or cut from a single piece? Will load pics.

Post Thanks / Like

it is a modular 3 piece. Post pics and maybe we can help a little more. You can take it to a dealer, or call Martin direct and see about warranty replacement. I would do it soon though
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why, it's taking my uploads. Tried resizing too. Looks like having problem with the site.

I have it on my album in archerytalk, user joecc3

There are no more dealers here on Maui. Will try and call Martin tomorrow . Thanks.

Can you buy a new riser?
    Last edited by joecc3; 08-26-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joecc3 View Post
    Not sure why, it's taking my uploads. Tried resizing too. Looks like having problem with the site.

There are no more dealers here on Maui. Will try and call Martin tomorrow . Thanks.

Can you buy a new riser?
    It doesn't have to be a Martin dealer. Any dealer who will work with you can order the parts if there is a defect. I really couldn't see enough in the pics to tell what the problem might be.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joecc3 View Post

Can you buy a new riser?
    Crap, sorry! I forgot that we're having technical difficulties here with uploads and PMs at the moment... But it looks like Fisher was able to find your picks on AT...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

The riser looks fine. Unless the problem is at the splice at the shelf.

Snap some pics of the shelf, and of the cams in the limb forks.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah - the pics dont tell much because they dont show the whole bow.
    The seam at the shelf doesn't look perfect but then with a film-dipped bow there can be irregularities at joints, corners, recesses etc... that are just in the finish, not a structural defect.
    From what I can see in the pics I would check the cable routing thru the TRG.
    It just doesn't appear to be correct. When you look at the bow from the side does the string and cable cross above or below the TRG?
    When you set the rest up for centershot - measure out from the little bridge between the mount holes - to the center of the arrow - with the bow at rest and the launcher fork up.
    Set that at 7/8".
    For height - with the launcher fork up - the top of the arrow should be level with the top of the rest mount holes and the nock point on the string (or d-loop) square or just a hair above square.
    With the Limb Driver rest - once you attach the cord to the limb - the launcher will lay down right on top of the shelf pad at rest. Thats fine.!

(...maybe just me or maybe just the way the pic looks but - I think the cables are just routed wrong...)
    Last edited by Spiker; 08-28-2013 at 12:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    ....The seam at the shelf doesn't look perfect but then with a film-dipped bow there can be irregularities at joints, corners, recesses etc...
    There isn't a pic of the seam at the shelf.

The seam pictured, is the one at the top of the sight window.
    And there is nothing wrong with that seam.

However, it looks like there could be a problem with the splice at the arrow shelf.
    Like a big enough problem, that there could be a visible gap in that seam, big enough to see light through.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on Pantera

Sorry for not replying right away, was outta town yesterday.

Still can't upload pics, I guess website is still having issues. Uploaded new pics on my archerytalk album. For some reason a few of the pics uploaded sideways or upside down. You can right click the pics and save it to your computer and use the rotation tool in your picture viewer.

So I swapped out the limb driven rest with a whisker biscuit. I tried to set it up 7/8" but not enough clearence. I changed the TRG out and replaced it with the Martin cable slide. There was no instructions in the package but I think I installed it in the right direction. It doesn't clear the Blazer vanes though. About 1/8" contact at rest. Moving the rest to right doesn't help either. The cable looks like it goes pretty straight back.

I've tried several different style rest and the center is way off on all. I used a center shot tool similar to the oldie but goodie Golden Key Center shot tool and after I line the center shot up, I looked from the top limb down, the arrow tip is out to the right.

Another issue is the the string stop screw, which after installation has about one treads how thru the nut(opposite side of the rubber cap), is making contact with the string just before full draw. It's nicking the serving. Is the string supposed to make contact with the cam?

I'm at a lost here and have setup over 4-5 dozen bows for me and my friends over the last ten years and never seen anything like this. It only leads me to believe that riser is flexed somewhat.

I biggest problem my buddy has it that he doesn't have the original reciept. The dealer is no longer on Maui and there are no "real" Archery Dealers on the Island. If Martin won't be able to fix it under warranty, can we just bu a replacement riser?

I appreciate all the suggestion guys. Any ideas?