Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barry or Sonny

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barry or Sonny

I had my frinds at the local archery shop send in a set of cams from one of my Shadowcats, it's a 2010.
    It has the nitro 1.5 cams. This was told to Martin when they called in the order, they were replaced under warrienty.
    The cams they sent back look nothing like the cams that werwe on the bow. Martin also sent a set of cables and a string.
    My question is this....
    Did the early 2010 Shadowcats have a shorter ATA and different cams that the later 2010 and 2011 Shadowcats?
    These cams look like they would be real weak.
    My bud tryed to call Marting but they are not open on Fridays.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Sonny Thomas

Default Barry or Sonny

The 2010 Shadowcat had a ata of 41 1/2". The 2011 had a ata of 41 1/4". Both had the same cable and string lengths. And the one cable post was positioned right on the edge of the cam.

The cams you were sent are probably the 2012s. Same cam, but cable post is centered in what was a opening (cut out) of the 2010/2011 cams. So the opening filled in and the cable posted centered there makes them look different. Should take the same length of cables and strings.

If you recall some had issues of the cable post or cable or both rubbing on some that had longer draw lengths. The re-positioned cable post is the fix.

If you have trouble with the cams in your limbs, call Martin double quick.... just in case.. I couldn't get anything to work for my 2010 Shadowcat. 2010 limbs, 2010 cams, 2012 cams, Power Tough limbs, nothing. Martin had the bow and they couldn't make it comes to specs. So I accepted a 2012 Scepter V.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny,
    These are not the cams with the post on the inside were it's solid, these do not match the cams with the post on the edge either.
    The top and bottom cams are the same on the older and new style cams, same on the Septer, if you place one on top of the other.
    These are different from each other.
    I will try and post pics, if they don't work can I e-mail or text them to you?
    Don.
    Last edited by Don B; 08-30-2013 at 06:22 PM.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Don, you could email the pics to Sonny and me. I have a 2010 Alien Z, 2011 Nemisis, and 2012 Nemisis, all with 1.5 cams. Therfore I could always compare yours with mine and see what's going on. Now you have me thinking (not good) that I should compare all mine to see if they are the same or not.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Barry, whats your e-mails?
    I tryed to post pics, every way I know of, no go.
    Don.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I wish you could post pics cause now I'm curious....

If the cams don't look ANYTHING like the originals, it sounds like you got the wrong cams sent to you. Even the new Nitro 3 cams are similar in shape and size to the 2011 Nitro 2 cams so if they aren't, someone messed up!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I posted pics over on the AT website in the Martin brand thread.
    Take a look and see if you know what they go on.
    Don.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Don, I was just looking at those pics, and I think you got the right cams. They are the same as the cams on the new 2013 bows. They are slightly different because the posts have been relocated, and the frame is more skeletal than before, but the basic geometry is the same. Pull up the 2013 Scepter on Martin's home page and zoom in on the cams, you'll see what I mean. Hope that eases your mind a little bit
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Hey Don, I was just looking at those pics, and I think you got the right cams. They are the same as the cams on the new 2013 bows. They are slightly different because the posts have been relocated, and the frame is more skeletal than before, but the basic geometry is the same. Pull up the 2013 Scepter on Martin's home page and zoom in on the cams, you'll see what I mean. Hope that eases your mind a little bit
    By George I think you are right.
    The string groove on the 2013 cams is alot deeper than the older ones.
    My Septer v is a 2012 and it has the 2nd. generation Nitro 1.5 cams like on the later 2011 Shadowcats.
    Are these better than any of the other cams?
    Don.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the 1.5 is a smaller version of the 2.0, to accomodate a shorter draw length range. In the 2013 cams, they call them the 3.0S and 3.0L, for long and short, but are essentially the same as previous years' 1.5 and 2.0 versions.

I've looked over my brother in law's cams on his new Nemisis 35, and I REALLY like what they've done; as you mentioned the grooves are deeper, and a little more rounded at the edges. I think they did this to combat the string wear that some have seen due to the string tracks. Also they moved and re-inforced the string posts, to address previous clearance issues and the occasional broken post.

These changes as well as the advent of the new quad limb bows show that Martin really was listening to their fans, and diligently looking for solutions to some of the problems we've had. Its just sad that they can't hold on a little longer for someone to invest the time and money to pick up their torch and carry it forward, as it seems they were headed in the right direction...