Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin Archery - Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

I can understand why some of you guys are thrilled with the forum back and Martin Archery being saved. As for myself, I was a fan of my bow because of the lightweight and price. I do not have the patience nor the brand attachment that some of you have. When I will upgrade my bow, it will be with a brand that is easily accessible from where I live and with parts that I do not have to wait 6 weeks for.

I truly enjoy my 2010 Bengal, but the Company, not so much. I tried my best to like Martin, but I do not need to support them. For example, some people like Chevy for no other reason than it's a Chevy. I'm not one of those.

I will support a company that offers great product and a service that equals it.

So, my suggestion to Martin will be this: Find a way to efficiently distribute parts to pro-shops or directly to your customers (in Canada, it is beyond ridiculous). Waiting 6weeks for a set of limbs - under warranty - hardly qualify as efficient in my book.

The good news for the new Martin management is I am telling you this. Many customers would just move on without saying a word. Most people here are fans of the name and will support you no matter what. But your market should cover more than that.

Finally, thanks to some of you here who constantly offer help to new archers, who can solve the most puzzling questions, who share their expertise to promote archery in general. Whenever I need information on my Bengal, I always come here and search for answers, which I often find without even posting. I will continue to do so, as I intend to keep this bow even after I upgrade.

Keep up the great work.

SG

Post Thanks / Like

It is with great relief that we read that Martin is going to continue to carry it's great tradition in archery forward. Our hobby and avocation has suffered many blows to it's survival in recent years, with company after company disappearing to never be seen again;this seemed to be the fate of Martin. Now, though, Martin has been given a reprieve.....a chance to get it right and offer the marketplace products that both the company and it's customers can be proud. I sincerly hope that the new regieme is sensitive to the culture of Martin, and brings it into the light of success while being sensitive to the uniqueness of the company and the rold that Martin has always played. As they say, talk is cheap.....let's see real innovation and quality. That, coupled with real customer service, will see Martin safely through this new century.

Post Thanks / Like

good idea barry . i'm glad we still have a martin tech forum.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I am glad to hear this ,,To be honest the one thing I hated to see over the last 15 years was Martin being ripped off for their intellectual property...I hope from now on they will sue the other bow makers for this one big name co. Did this, and you could swap their parts out ..their bows was a copy all they did was spend lots of money on ads...made me sick.. I am glad I don't have to find another Archery Co. Martin fan all the way...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they've really been ripped off; they own the patents on a lot of archery innovations.... but patents run out and other companies have done a better job of marketing over the years than Martin has. I'm just happy that the brand found somewhere to hang its hat, even if its not with the Martin family or in Walla Walla
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps