Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How is everyones hunting season going

Post Thanks / Like

Well I shot a ten point with the Nemesis this morning I do have a picture, but my photo person did not realize the camera was on manual focus. I will go ahead and post it you can see he is taller and not very wide. He was hot on a doe, I had to yell at him three times to get him to stop.

IMGP2342C.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyhud View Post
    Congrats Mike G. I take it you were ground hunting when you took your bear, based on the photo, and pretty close too. I bet that was exciting. He'll make a nice rug and the meat should be quite good too. Several years back I had bear that had been slow cooked and was very impressed by its flavor, texture and tenderness. I've also read and heard mtn lion meat is quite tasty.
    Rocky, the picture was taken with the trailcam. I was actually about 16 feet up a tree about 20 yards to the left of the bear. In this picture he is headed right towards my tree. The trailcam took this picture at 8:13am, I wasn't on stand. I went out at 1:00pm put my climber on the tree, looked over towards my bait and could see that nothing had disturbed the logs covering the bait, so I climbed up. The bear circled around behind me and came out behind me at about 15 yards, then turned to his right and started walking to get down wind more of the bait, stood up on his hind legs and sniffed around. I could tell he smelled me, so as soon as he dropped to all fours I took him, it was 5:30pm. I was hunting with a shotgun loaded with a slug. I would not have been able to get a shot at him with my bow where he was. A 12ga. slug pokes through light brush pretty good. He dropped and pulled himself into the willows back of where I shot him. I waited until 7:00pm got down and went to the spot I had shot him, had good blood going into willows, as soon as I got into the willows there he was, but not dead. He lifted his head and turned towards me popping his jaws, that's how that bloody hole happened below his left eye!!! He was 15 feet from me.

The meat tastes great!!! The steaks and hamburger.

Post Thanks / Like

Great story Mike and good job!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been lucky to fill my tags this year in Wisconsin, If I had some pictures on the Computer I would post them, but unfortuneatly I do not.

I shot a decent 8 pointer opening evening of bow season, 13 yards broadside and I pinned his shoulders, then on my last chance for bowhunting this season, I shot a doe, 25 yards. A little far back, but I was lucky and hit the Aorta artery. She turned towards me right as I shot and the arrow exited out her hindquarter, neither deer made it 60 yards, and I shoot Magnus Buzzcuts at 58# with a 340 grain arrow out of a '04 SlayR

My brother shot a goofy looking 8 point last weekend, I was luckky enough to be sitting with him on this hunt. It was snowing out for a little bit, and then the 8 point walked out about 15 minutes after the snow stopped, gave my brother a perfect 20 yards broadside shot, and he drilled him. he uses a 2012 Rytera Alien X with the solocam.

My old man shot a doe opening evening as well, 10 yards, broadside, and drilled her in the heart, she didnt go anywhere. he uses a 2007 Martin Bengal

5. Likes Chip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done Jake.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I killed a rock.IMG_20131015_191057_084.jpg
    missed a 9.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

T8, that's gonna take a while in the crock pot to get tender. lol So far, nothing on the ground for me this year. The girlfriend and I have had 2 shot opportunities, but blew both of them. She messed one of them up, and I messed the other up for her. All our hunting land turned from crop/woods into cattle pasture/woods this year. The deer seem to be hanging out on the neighboring property that is still crop based. Thankfully, Kansas has a long bow season. Still got 1 1/2 months of season left.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Jake nice season.

Post Thanks / Like

Not bad. Seen a fair amount of deer and killed one doe so far.
    A shrimp's heart is in it's head.