Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Day and 15 minutes left Doe.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Last Day and 15 minutes left Doe.

Now that the forum is back up I can post my pics and little story. Last day in September general archery season.

I held off on taking a doe the first day. I missed on a 3-x4 on another day beautiful buck. We had 15-20 minutes left and a couple does popped out below me at 50 yards. No wind and they had no clue we where there behind the elk Mountain slip system. I knew right when the arrow left that it was on target. Because of the steep angle I was able to take out lung and heart. She dropped and rolled several times down the hill.
    My son Gabriel had another chance on a doe just a few minutes earlier at 25 yards but she took off when he drew back. He can't shoot longer distances yet. He was upset but I told him that it happens to all of use. My son did most of the processing with guidance from my neighbor and I. He did a great job!.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I'm working on adding the Doe skull to my last season Buck mount.

4. Likes Chip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Simon, congrats.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

6. Thanks Double S thanked for this post
    Likes Double S liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice doe, congrats! I like that mount you're working on, it'll be sweet when its done . I need to get a grinder... do you mix anything in with your hamburger? I know venison burger can be pretty dry cause its so lean... but YUMMY! lol
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

8. Thanks Double S thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I wished that my son could have gotten his first deer instead of me getting one. We held out and he he several chances but didn't release an arrow. He will be working on shooting longer distances for next year. He's only been practicing at 20 yards. I knew it would bte him specially out here on open country.

I usually don't add anything to my Venison burgers. I just make sure to cook it medium rare so it's not dry. But two weeks ago I had some Ground beef lying around so I made 90 % Venison and 10% ground beef. It was pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    I usually don't add anything to my Venison burgers. I just make sure to cook it medium rare so it's not dry. But two weeks ago I had some Ground beef lying around so I made 90 % Venison and 10% ground beef. It was pretty good.
    Gotcha, I know lots of butchers will add fat to wild meat when grinding burger. My dad and grandpa and I always processed our own, and never had a grinder growing up so we either took scraps to the butcher to grind or we had a lot of stew meat (which btw, my mom and grandma canned in a pressure cooker, and OMG it makes the best stew)
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

11. Thanks Double S thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job,congrats.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

13. Thanks Double S thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, nice job I think the mount looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

his time will come. It took me 6 years to get one. Buck fever haunts me bad. Whats for breakfast tomorrow?
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

16. Likes Double S liked this post