Thread: Shadowcat limb.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shadowcat limb.

hope someone on here might be able to point me in right direction. due to an overwhelming attack of stupidity, and trying to save a few dollars I tried using my old bow press on the 2011 shadowcat I had just bought. It came with brand new updated limbs which have 3HP and 8083 on one limb and 3HP and 8153 on the other. Of course the @##$%$ press let go and in short the bottom limb was splintered when the drawstop flew around and whacked the limb.It is splintered and the cam is bent. Can I buy just one new limb and what would it cost, and would be better to try and source one cam off AT or does anyone here have any. It has the 2.0 cams for my longer draw.Thanks for any help.
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 razor x
    2001 cougar.
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob29 View Post
    hope someone on here might be able to point me in right direction. due to an overwhelming attack of stupidity, and trying to save a few dollars I tried using my old bow press on the 2011 shadowcat I had just bought. It came with brand new updated limbs which have 3HP and 8083 on one limb and 3HP and 8153 on the other. Of course the @##$%$ press let go and in short the bottom limb was splintered when the drawstop flew around and whacked the limb.It is splintered and the cam is bent. Can I buy just one new limb and what would it cost, and would be better to try and source one cam off AT or does anyone here have any. It has the 2.0 cams for my longer draw.Thanks for any help.
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 razor x
    2001 cougar.
    Bob, try giving Brandon a call at their warranty dept and see what he says. You might not have to buy anything. You never know.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob29 View Post
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 razor x
    2001 cougar.
    if you have to buy them I'd give Barnsdale a call,for the same price you get the best limbs out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdduffy View Post
    if you have to buy them I'd give Barnsdale a call,for the same price you get the best limbs out there.
    That would be my recommendation if you have to buy new limbs. All my Rytera bows have Barnesdale limbs and I've had zero problems in three years. Barnesdale limbs cost, on average, $150.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

thanks. What sort of waiting time would there be for the Barnsdale limbs?
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, I got the ones I ordered in about 2 1/2 weeks. I'm sure it depends on how busy they are though.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous C
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks. I have sent them an email.

2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001 cougar xrg
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte