Thread: Martin Altitude cam adjustment

tbehning

Default Martin Altitude cam adjustment

I need to know how to adjust the Fuzion Cam on a Martin Altitude. I have an F-6 module with 1, 2, 3, settings. Do I need a bow press and can the draw length be adjusted? I assume the 3 setting indicates the highest/longest draw length?

overdraw

I have the fusion cam also and I think one pin was normal setting for the module and the other 2 would adjust + or - 1/2 inch.to adjust those you need a press . If you change the module you don't. Martin's site has the cam specs to tell you what module you need for your draw length. If you know your draw lenght there are some guys here who could also tell you.

flytier17

Don't know, but bfisher will.

Oops, was I speaking out loud?!

tbehning

Default cam adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by overdraw View Post
    I have the fusion cam also and I think one pin was normal setting for the module and the other 2 would adjust + or - 1/2 inch.to adjust those you need a press . If you change the module you don't. Martin's site has the cam specs to tell you what module you need for your draw length. If you know your draw lenght there are some guys here who could also tell you.
    Thanks Overdraw. So I assume I can change the draw length one inch if I move the cable from the three position to the one position without changing the module? However, changing the module would also allow me to change the draw length? I'll check out Martin's web site as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been all over the place trying to get a picture of this cam. I have no ponal experience with it, but it strikes me just from your description that it is similar to the single cams I had on my Pearson bows. Bear with me while I try to explain.

The F3 module on the Altitude is for a 26" draw when the string is on the number 2 peg. The weight will be as stated on the limb sticker. If you want to change the draw length by one inch you just need to change the module, which I'll explain later.

If you want to change by just a half inch then you need a press and need to move the string on the pegs. Here's where I'd like a picture. If you want to increase by a half inch you move the string to the #1 peg, I think. NOW, be advised that when you change draw length by moving the string like this it also changes the draw weight of the bow. How much I don't know, but an educated guess would be about 5#. Making the draw longer (#1 peg) will increase the weight and shortening (#3 peg) will make for ls weight. If just changing the module there should be little to no change in the draw weight.

NOW changing the modue. Most times you can change a mod without any problems. It depends on whether one of the screws is "hiding" behind the limb fork. If one is you can do several things. Use a press and releave the string pressure. You can turn the limb bolts out enough to do the same thing. OR, I sometimes just get me a zip-tie, squeeze the cable as close to the riser as I can, which rotates the cam, and tie the cable off to the riser will I make the module swap. Then hold the cable while I cut the zip tie with a scissor, carefully so as not to cut the cable. You gotta be pretty dumb to cut the cable.

I hope this helps. If not then we can try something else.