Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for target accessories for Bengal 2008

aramkiss

Default Suggestion for target accessories for Bengal 2008

My local bow dealer is ordering me a Bengal 2008 bow. He has also asked me which sight and rest he should order for me.

Since I am doing mainly target, what sight and rest would you recommend for the Bengal bow?

Thanks in advance

Andre

flytier17

I like Spot-Hogg. Look at their sights and rests to pick one for your pricepoint. If you want good stuff, look at the Infinity or Whammy rests, and the Hogg-It or Hunter Hogg-It sights.

Spot-Hogg sights are legendarily tough. They are the most durable sights out there, and axtremely precise, rivalling Toxonics and Sure-Loc and CJ etc...

Spot-Hogg used to make stuff for golden key, which was the leading brand of tourney rests. They have taken the top designs, and improved them more, and manufactured them with their fantastic and bulletproof quality.

Congrats on your Martin, I hope you enjoy it.

aramkiss

Default Target Sight for Bengal

Hi,

Is Hogg It a good sight for doing target shooting? What others should I consider for Bengal?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd choose a Sure-Loc Sight but that is because you only get SureLoc, Shibuya and Axcel in germany... :P
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

aramkiss

Did you just buy the Sureloc Challenger or did you have to buy scope attachment also?

flytier17

Sorry Aramkiss, I didn't see your post. I got your PM though, and responded.

Post Thanks / Like

If you buy the Challenger everything comes with it. A case fot it and also the block for the Scope. Only thing you need ist the Scope itself.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

aramkiss

What are some good priced scopes for Challenger

Post Thanks / Like

I do not know the prizes or the offers for the US, so you may do not get those. I shoot atm the Cartel X-Pert. It is really good for the low price.

I really recommend the Beiter Scope with the original Zeiss-K-lens. It is not really cheap but you can add hundreds of addons to your scope as additional blinds, cross wires and so on. Also you can order it in your favourite composition. You can choose the color of the Scope, the color of the addons you want to buy and the color of your air lever (which can be changed quite easy).

Okay, enough advertisement for Beiter. As i said i shoot a Cartel Scope myself. Works really fine and is much cheaper. A Beiter is too expensive for me. xD
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, if you are predisposed to concentrate on target shooting or spots in general I wouldn't suggest any type of multi-pin sight. These are more useful for hunting.

I used to shoot a lot of target and field/hunter rounds years ago. If this is your game then you should look at adjustable target sights and scopes with a single pin or a scope lens. Personally I always liked using a lens with just a dot in it, or one drilled for a fiber optic. That way there is nothing blocking the field of view. Whether you'd like magnification or not is a personal choice for you to make.

I wouldn't make any suggestions on what sight and/or scope to buy. Prices vary widely and I don't know your budget. On the lower end of decent sights is the SureLoc Challenger (good value) for about $170 up to and including models by Shibuya, True Ball, SureLoc, Copper John, Cartel,Toxonics and others that tip the scale well over $300.

Now add to this a decent scope by CR Apex, Bullseye, SureLoc, Classic or others at about $140 or so and you have a ton of money in a sight system.

A multipin sight that I really like the adjustments on is the SureLoc Lethal Weapon I with thin or razor pins. This has the most accurate and minute adjustments of any pin sight you'll find, and equals that of most target sights.

For a rest (target style) there isn't much better than the old blade launcher style. Two of my favorites here are the Brite Site Pro Tuner and the Trophy Ridge Spring Steel. Either of these are simple and bullet proof. Just what the target shooter wants. Just no reason to spend more on a drop away that may or may not work properly 100% of the time.

For the record I've had a SureLoc Supreme and Bullseye Millenium scope, all the stabilizers and v-bars and such. They are all gone as I don't shoot target any more.

Today I shoot more 3D so my choices are different. I've got several Spot Hogg sights including the Real Deal and the Hogg-It. IMO these are very good sight for 3D work where multiple pins are needed. I don't consider them a good hunting sight because the pin guard is not wide enough to protect the pins well nor are the fiber pins bright enough. And sight lights are out of the question. I've got one on the Real Deal and it's not worth the hassle or the batteries.

One of my bows has an HHA OL-5000 slider sight, which is used primarly on my hunting bow because of it's rugged design and bright optics. Budget mnded one of these could double for target, 3D, and hunting.

Everything I've mentioned here, and much more, can be seen on Lancaster Archery Supply's website. www.lancasterArchery.com