Thread: 2010 Martin Cheetah Cam Module Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 Martin Cheetah Cam Module Question

Background info:

I wore down my string and needed a replacement. I had a local shop put on a Zebra string. During the process, the shop technician noticed my bow was out of specification to begin with at 29.5" ATA. He explained that he could get it to spec (30"). He untwisted the new string as much as he said he could, and the bow is now at 29.75" ATA (still not spec).

With the new changes to my bow I noticed my draw length seemed too long, so I went to swap from the F3 mod to the F2. However, I was missing the 2. I proceeded to order an F2 cam mod, but what I received from Martin does not look like the other mods that originally came with my bow (in terms of shape, in addition to being aluminum). It may be a Fuzion cam mod? Also, it has it says "F2 /" on it-there is a backslash engraved on it. Does this mean 26.5" draw length?

My question is: based on this information did I receive the correct cam mod for my 2010 martin cheetah??? Is it a fuzion? The replacement mod draw cycle seems a bit different from original plastic mods.

Thanks.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Untwisting the string gave the longer draw length. Taking a few twists out of the string and cable would have given you longer ata and only very little in draw length. Also Ata on Martins can be a 1/4" under or over ata. My Bengal is a 1/4" short and shoots perfect.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

3. Thanks kylecurtis04 thanked for this post
    Likes kylecurtis04 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuzion cams and numerous others use the same mods.
    All of them are/were offered in aluminum and plastic versions. (Same mod just different material)
    Before I went and started changing mods I would take the string and cable off and measure/twist them to the correct lengths. From there it should only take a small bit of tweaks to get things in spec.
    After all - if all was well and all you did was change the string ...
    you should'nt have to change mods to make all well again should ya...?...
    Was the DL, DW, ATA and BH all at factory spec before the change.?

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Also if it is a 2010 Cheetah it should have a Accu trac cam on it. Fusion is an older Cheetah 07 or before.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Sonny Thomas

??? Does the dealer know what he's doing? I mean, ata is more based on max listed draw weight.

??? Just a string or a complete set of strings? Wore down to me means that a set should have been installed.

Post Thanks / Like

The last strings I would have put on a bow would be Zebra, but what is done is done. As Spiker said, remove the rigging (string/cable) and measure them to ensure they are to spec. This should be done with them stretched to 100# pressure. I can just imagine that untwisting the string makes the bow feel different. When a string is made longer the draw length increases and the draw weight goes up so no doubt it'll feel different. Get the rigging close to spec, install them, and check the bow for max draw weight. Then measure the A2A and brace height. If the draw weight is OK and brace and A2A are close then leave it alone. By the way, the draw stop probably needs changed, too.

As for the module, I'm not completely certain about this but I think the slash after the number just designates that it is an aluminum "F" module. There is a difference between the f2 and f3 module. Don't expect them to have the same shape. If it will make you feel better I can send you a plastic f2 mod. All I'll need is name and address to my PM box. Quick shipping and no charge. Don't forget that you need to change the draw stop with the module change.

As for the shop? Maybe he knows what he's doing and maybe not. I know a guy has to make a living, but learning what I have over the last 10 years anybody pushing Zebra strings would throw up a big red flag to me. There are many better options.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I think the "/" may indicate 65% letoff vs. 80% with the standard modules.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeanRM View Post
    I think the "/" may indicate 65% letoff vs. 80% with the standard modules.
    It might, but I have never seen it on the plastic modules.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

You beat me to it Barry, I was going to ask if if an f2 from an MPro cam would work as I have one that is plastic. I would be willing to send it if it would work. You sir are a good man willing to help out your fellow Martin shooters, I certainly have allot of respect for you.