Thread: Silencer Pro iniitial reaction

Post Thanks / Like

Default Silencer Pro iniitial reaction

I picked up a 2011 Silencer Pro a couple of days ago. I couldn't wait for the cable rod to arrive to replace the TRG, so found a rod at a local dealer and added a Alpine slide. Octane Pro Rest, and had the bow shooting bullet holes within a few minutes. It is a 55-70 lb model, back down to 58. I typically shoot at 28 inches, but felt "right" at the #2 postion, which is listed as 27.5.

As stated in another post, I had some mod screws from the Elite Rev cams. I replaced the allen screws in the nitro with the Elites. They are the same thread size, but just a hair shorter so the screws are flush with the backside of the cams. I do not like the way Martin's screws protrude (on the bows I've had), makes me nervous that string movement may lead to contact and damage of the string. Not sure if it does, but I like flush better.

I added a fletcher 3/16 green peep, truglo 3 pin sight. I just did a rough sight in of the top pin in my basement. Temp is zero right now, so the outdoor shooting will have to wait!

I am impressed with the draw cycle, lack of vibration and quietness of this bow. The factory STS is installed, but I did have just a slight vibration after the shot. I added a pair of Apex Double Down string silencers and vibration is gone.

So far it seems like a solid performer, time will tell.

What areas would I like to see attention given to by Martin, based on this and other Martin/Rytera's I've had?

1. Module screws - torx style to avoid stripping and properly sized so they fit flush on the backside of the module when installed.
    2. A draw stop that allows precise and repeatable positioning.
    3. More professional cable guard and sts mounting. The tapered screws may work, but they do look tacky.
    " I learned a few years ago that my wife doesn't know a thing about bows - but she can count..."

Sonny Thomas

One Martin I replaced the TRG with a offset guide rod picked up speed even though it dropped a little draw weight. Yeah, the offset guide rod took so much angle out of the cables that it lost draw weigh. The owner swears it's faster with less draw weight.
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 12-07-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love that silencer! I bought one for my nephew and set it up, it sure is a sweet shooter
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't put a lot of arrows through it, but happy with the performance. Smooth draw, quiet and I cannot feel any vibration. It feels and shoots very much like a Hoyt Vector 32 I have. The string seems solid, no peep rotation.
    " I learned a few years ago that my wife doesn't know a thing about bows - but she can count..."