Thread: Diablo TD

Post Thanks / Like

Default Diablo TD

Here are a couple of pix for future reference. These are reinforced limb tips, are they not?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep reinforced tips.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

diablo limbs.jpg
    My string is breaking where it loops around the tips. I am thinking about sanding the string guides more smooth. Do you think that will help. I will use about 220 grit and to to 400 or 600 to smooth it out.
    I also am replacing the rubber pads which have worne through. I have 1/8 thick neoprene. It feels a little stiffer and harder but should work. Anyone else having these issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Making smoother string grooves can do nothing but help. Are you sure the string is breaking or are you just getting serving separation?
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

If it is the original string that cam with the bow. It is made with Bcy B55 and is the most stretchy string material alive. That would be the problem it is pulling apart the end serving.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

The serving was pulling apart. I did have a small diamond rat tail file that I used to smooth the corners. Wrapped 400 sandpaper around it and smoothed all the corners and the grooves down the limbs. Replaced the rubber pads with thicker and heavier. Can't say that I noticed any change in noise or shooting. But then I am old and deaf. ;-)
    I just started shooting this spring. The guys at the range are impressed with my improvement.
    I have noticed as I get better I have to spend more on arrows, nocks, and targets. The answer is to keep moving further from the target. At 30 yards now. Rarely hit the bulls eye. Rarely miss the target. Seems where I should be now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevtech View Post
    The serving was pulling apart. I did have a small diamond rat tail file that I used to smooth the corners. Wrapped 400 sandpaper around it and smoothed all the corners and the grooves down the limbs. Replaced the rubber pads with thicker and heavier. Can't say that I noticed any change in noise or shooting. But then I am old and deaf. ;-)
    I just started shooting this spring. The guys at the range are impressed with my improvement.
    I have noticed as I get better I have to spend more on arrows, nocks, and targets. The answer is to keep moving further from the target. At 30 yards now. Rarely hit the bulls eye. Rarely miss the target. Seems where I should be now.
    Up grading the string is the best thing you could do of that bow. Because it has reinforced tips you can change the string material to a much better one. This will stop the stretching and creep. It will help lower the noise as well. Adding cat whiskers to it will help reduce the noise level immensely. The string you have on there is like an elastic band and it slaps the limps and twangs every time you let go of the string.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Hutch's recommendation is right on, and he makes a sick set off strings and whiskers.
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane

Post Thanks / Like

I can highly recommend Hutch for string. I've gotten one set for my Nemisis and getting measurements for him to make one for my Diablo as well.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver