Thread: I don't want to damage my x-200

Post Thanks / Like

Default I don't want to damage my x-200

Hello,

I own an x-200 bow (from about 2008 Serial Number is 08603 ) with a 50lbs draw on the finger. Apparently, this bow should be used with Dacron bowstrings only, but more recent models can also be used with fast flight.
    I was wondering if it were possible to use "BCY Formula 8125 G" (e.g. with 14 strands) without damaging the bow, if I strengthen the dips (for example with horn)?

What should be the minimum arrow weight per pound of DW. Now my Arrows (Carbon Express Predator II 2040) have 375 grainís.

Thanks in advance!
    Kind Regards
    Christian Hajdusic
    Austria

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the that bow is called Savannah. Not sure but never the less, if the bow does not have reinforced tips which this one doesn't. I would not use anything but a Dacron product. 8125g is a softer material but it doesn't forgive enough to allow the tips to bounce. This could cause damage to the tips and even the limbs. B-500 is a choice for many but I build with B-55 which is like Dacron but a little better.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

2008 was the first year the X-200 was made with reinforced limb tips, so you should be able to use 8125(or 8190), and should see a little better performance. As for arrow weight, 7-8 grains per pound of draw is probably the minimum you would want to use; many guys use 10 GPP or more. Not sure what spine those Predator arrows are, but you will want something around .400 with a 50# bow.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJJ View Post
    2008 was the first year the X-200 was made with reinforced limb tips, so you should be able to use 8125(or 8190), and should see a little better performance. As for arrow weight, 7-8 grains per pound of draw is probably the minimum you would want to use; many guys use 10 GPP or more. Not sure what spine those Predator arrows are, but you will want something around .400 with a 50# bow.
    Thanks CaptJJ, Sorry I stand corrected they are reinforced tips. Which will allow you to use any modern string material as CaptJJ has said. 8190 would give you a little more fps. But you can use any that suits you.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com