Thread: Exile STS Question?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Exile STS Question?

Hello, This is my first post here on the forums. I just bought a New 2012 Martin Exile bow and it did not come with the STS System. I purchased one from Martin and had it shipped here. I am not sure I got the right one though. I placed it one the bow and is about 1/2" to long. My question is; Do you have to cut the rod after removing the cushion to adjust it to fit the Exile? Everything else seems to match up right. Thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

You probably have the wrong length rod, but there's nothing says you can't take a hacksaw to it. I assume you have the one with the aluminum rod. I've trimmed a few for sure. Cut it then bevel the end with a file. You can cut from either end, but I'd recommend cutting from the back end.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, Thanks! They did not offer but two different STS Systems and this one just fits in the groove built into the bow and two allenhead screws hold it in. It is rounded on the end that goes into the bow and bottoms out. I will get a picture and post it in just a few minutes so you all can see what I am talking about. Thanks for the input bfisher. Also do you adjust the cushion to sit about and 1/8" or 1/16" From the string and full rest like most do?

Post Thanks / Like

Most people suggest a gap about the thickness of a credit card. I set mine so it's just touching the string at rest.

Let me ask you about yours. Is yours turned down to a smaller diameter (5/16") where it fits into the riser? I had forgotten about the groove and set screws. All the bows I've had did not have the groove but were drilled 3/8" on the back side so in a pinch even a regular cable rod could be cut down and a string bumper put on it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is turned down! Here is a picture of it. Rick & 003.jpgRick & 004.jpg