Thread: Benal or Onza xt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Benal or Onza xt

I have my 2013 Bengal Pro that I love even with a couple limb hiccups its still best shooting bow I have owned. Just curious though what peoples opinions are on the Onza XT and how it stacks up to the Bengal Pro. My local shop doesn't have an Onza to try but I really like the idea of picking up a two cam bow. Just looking for opinions if you have shot both. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't shot the Onza, but have two Alien Nemisis. Just slightly longer a2a. Myself I'm not a single cam fan. Shot them for seven years with Golden Eagle and Pearson. When I joined the Martin staff and had the opportunity to go back to dual cams I jumped on it. People think dual cams draw harder and they do at the same draw weight, but my comparisons with Martin single vs dual cam (2009 Moab vs 2008 FireCat) is that I can get the same speed at about 8# less draw weight with the dual/binary cam. I figure why draw the extra weight. I think you'd also find that the Onza has more mass weight. Good or bad? That depends on what you want. I know I get about as good accuracy with or without a stabilizer. I do like the saddleback grip.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I shot both and bought the Onza. I wish I still had it. Both are good bows but did have a limb splinter and at that time Joel took good care of me from the CS dept. basic difference for me was that the Onza was a little better draw and back wall. Both are good bows.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Good point on the binary cams and the 8lbs with same speed. I can only speak to the single cam Bengal. It has served me well in the confined space of ground blinds and tree stands.
    If your gonna run with the big dogs you gotta get off the porch..

Hunt in Marion County, Colorado County and Houston County, Texas
    Compounds: Martin Bengal, Martin Silencer, Parker Blackhawk XP
    Recurves: 65'Pearson Hunter, 70's Shakespeare x18 and a Neil Tarbell
    www.usrecon.com
    www.usrecon.com/49.html
    Texas Outdoor News

Post Thanks / Like

I helped a friend set up their Bengal, it was a very nice bow. It shot well and was quiet. That being said, I have an Onza, and I gotta say that I love the draw cycle of the Nitro cams over the Fury. May be just me, but they seem smoother. That and the Onza holds rock solid thanks to its longer ATA and slightly heavier frame. Hopefully you can find someone that has one you can shoot so you can see the differences yourself...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps