Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Decals.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done - VERY nice looking camo! From your pics I'd bet anyone looking at these pieces would naturally presume they were done by a pro shop.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), home-made TRG, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer/dampener, custom upper STS, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob29 View Post
    Timing seems right, fitted couple monkey tails, quietened it down quite a bit.Man I can't believe how accurate it is.Going to be doing heap of practice now to get used to it.
    Bob, if you think the monkey tails helped, you might consider installing rubber cat whiskers in their stead. I've had various string silencers (BowJax, LimbSavers and others) and none of them did nearly as well at quieting string noise as cat whiskers on my setup. And from shots through my chronograph I didn't lose any speed either.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), home-made TRG, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer/dampener, custom upper STS, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rocky. It took just a little practice, but it wasn't too hard to do at all.

Bob, I'm with Rocky about the cat whiskers. They work better than any other silencer I've tried. One little trick I use is, if you have room between the cam and the speed nocks (if you have them installed), put your whiskers there. They work very well there, and can actually increase your speed just a bit. I make about 1 inch diameter "whisker balls" there, and my bows are quiet as can be.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous C
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Thanks Rocky. It took just a little practice, but it wasn't too hard to do at all.

Bob, I'm with Rocky about the cat whiskers. They work better than any other silencer I've tried. One little trick I use is, if you have room between the cam and the speed nocks (if you have them installed), put your whiskers there. They work very well there, and can actually increase your speed just a bit. I make about 1 inch diameter "whisker balls" there, and my bows are quiet as can be.
    I used to have speed nocks on my original string but did away with them when I installed cat whiskers. I weighed the speed nocks and a piece of heat-shrink tubing, close to the length that was covering them, and found the cat whiskers I installed weighed fairly close to the speed nocks and heat-shrink, so I installed the cat whiskers near the same location as the speed nocks, basically trading their weight and gaining the benefit of string dampening. While my setup didn't gain any speed, I'm guessing that's why I also didn't lose any speed, so for me it was a win-win.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always used whiskers but was at a friends place and he happened to have some monkey tails at hand.I will take your advise and fit some once the holidays season has passed.
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte