Thread: Change in Arrow Trajectory

Post Thanks / Like

Default Change in Arrow Trajectory

A couple of days ago I replaced my tennis gauze wrap on my Pantera with gutted paracord. I did not think it would change anything regarding my pin sight settings but it did. For some reason my arrows were too high now on the 3D targets and I had to reset my 5 pin sight by raising all of the pins. Since the grip is the only change I made, could this be the reason for the higher target hits?

If anyone has experienced the same thing, it would sure put my mind to rest that nothing else is going on. Thanks.
    2012 Martin Pantera, Spot Hogg-Hogg Father Single Pin and HoggIT 5 Pins

Post Thanks / Like

First saw "change in Arrow Trajectory" and I wondered... It wasn't a change in trajectory, but height of trajectory. Okay, yeah, change in the grip can move the height up or down... Easy trial is use a high grip and then a low grip or adding heal (of the hand) pressure. It's a wonder windage wasn't effected, but the right flip/flop of the hand usually negates windage error (flexing the wrist to find direct back). Barry would probably know what I'm trying to get across.
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for confirming that a grip change can affect the pin settings on my bow. Fortunately the windage was OK and I gained some height on arrow placement on the target which is a pleasant surprise given my low poundage setting.
    2012 Martin Pantera, Spot Hogg-Hogg Father Single Pin and HoggIT 5 Pins