Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: australian 3d nationals

Post Thanks / Like

Default australian 3d nationals

same place as last year.
    the vietnam veterans motorcycle club at murrurundi, nsw australia
    half way between sydney and brisbane, then inland a bit.

here's minnie shooting the mystic in the top ten barebow shootout after final scores.
    same beautiful martin mystic as last year.544215_578223645582189_831327526_n.jpg

and here are the top 10 barebowers1475867_578223812248839_1103682729_n.jpg

2. Likes Don B, TEN RING, Arrow Splitter, bigbob29 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there Minnie! I'm back on the Martin forum after a long time away. Just putting together a 2011 Shadowcat, for when I'm not shooting Trad. Same Bob [Razor longbows] just different username. glad to see you still have the Mystic and still going great by the looks. Don't suppose you will be going to the National 3d [ABA] titles up at Wide Bay next year around April?
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte

4. Thanks minnie thanked for this post
    Likes minnie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

hi bob, third nationals where i have shot the mystic. and i have still never seen another one anywhere.
    i wont be at wide bay but i'll be at north albert trad at easter again.
    and good luck with the shadowcat, you'll have a few months to play with it before wide bay.

Post Thanks / Like

Minnie,
    Congrats on the great shooting.
    When you say barebow, do you string walk or just have the long stabilizer?
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

7. Thanks minnie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks don
    barebow top 10 is for the top ten highest scores shot by unsighted shooters. 3DAAA generally folllow IBO rules.

in the photo
    4 of us shot barebow (unsighted) compound. MCU and FBU divisions. stringwalking is allowed but none of us do. any stabiliser is allowed. i shoot long, the other 3 have short.
    4 recurvers (RU recurve unaided) stringwalking is allowed, but only 1 did. can use any stabiliser. 2 shot long, 2 shot short stabilisers
    2 trad shooters on the left. no stabilisers or stringwalking allowed. shot off the shelf.

gets a bit complicated when shooting different association events though, where the stabiliser and stringwalking rules change a bit.
    i have to shoot a short stabiliser in barebow compound at those events.

Post Thanks / Like

The 3D Nationals I mentioned are actually the ABA titles Minnie, not your normal 3DAAA. WE can only use a 12'' max. stabiliser as you mention. I have a 6'' stab when I actually use one., just a finger tab, no sights nor any string walking [not allowed in ABA] On a good day I keep a lot of sighted guys honest, on a bad day ------?????? UUUUGGGGHHHH. Look forward to seeing you at North Albert providing it doesn't clash with the Nationals.
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte

Sonny Thomas

Unsure of how they do it down under. ASA doesn't have a Bare Bow Class or Sightless class that I know of. The NFAA does have a Bare Bow class which is allowed any length stab and back bars. Competitive Bow Hunter (which many clubs call Bare Bow) is heavy tackle, no sights, no release and limited to 12" stab. Now, Competitive Bow Hunter can compete in Bare Bow, but Bare Bow can not compete in Competitive Bow Hunter - stab restriction.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure miss the "way back when" it was much simpler. you either had a sight or you did'nt. Freestyle ( with sights ) or Barebow (without ) Stringwalking was allowed in Barebow.Class divisions where easier then as well, but then along came the compound.....
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

12. Likes minnie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still around Minnie? I scored a win in the south east Qld 3d titles recently with my bow wildly out of tune at the time. Looking forward to the National ABA titles in April.
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte

14. Likes minnie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You are just kind of stuck on that Mystic aren't you, Minnie? Seems like you're always up there with the top dogs. Good shooting.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

16. Thanks minnie thanked for this post