Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: australian 3d nationals

Post Thanks / Like

This is an old thread, just wondering if Minnie was still floating about on here from time to time.
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte

Post Thanks / Like

minnie is alive and well, somehow the system is not automatically logging me in when visiting.
    great shooting bob, keep up the good work, and best wishes for the ABA nationals soon.
    will you shoot ABA 3d or the colour target ABA round?
    we'll be at the north albert trad at easter, hope that doesn't clash with your nationals, and you get to shoot some timber arrows with us.

hi bfisher, can't say i have any wish for any other (compound) bow than the beautiful mystic i own, though the barnsadale classic x somehow appeals to me.
    have still never seen another martin mystic, nor a barnsdale.
    the mystic shoots fine with fingers and no sights for 3d, field and ocasionally target. 2 3d wins for 2014 to date.
    using a finger sling for the last few months has made for much better shots, and shooting recurve has improved the fingers release.
    i play with recurves (barebow) when i'm not shooting the mystic, but am not up to competing in the recurve divisions other than at the trad get togethers where we shoot off the shelf with timbers and feathers.

happy shooting.
    Last edited by minnie; 03-16-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Minnie, though I neglected to say it was only in 'B' grade due to not shooting 3 D much. The ABA nationals will clash with the north Albert so won't be there unfortunately to fling a few sticks out of my trad bows.glad you still like the Mystic, I'm just wrapped in my shadowcat with Barnsedale limbs.
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte

Post Thanks / Like

just an update Minnie, managed to get a second place in the ABA nationals in B grade, and then bombed out in the 3 D after a shocking 4th round when i was in serious contention to end up 4th. Hope you had a good shoot at Nth Albert.
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte

5. Likes minnie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

bob, congratulations on your second in the ABA, better luck with the 3d next time. at least you got to shoot in better conditions than i heard the IFAA was shot in, earlier in the week. we weren't real sure what that cyclone would be doing for easter for the trad event. beautiful conditions for us. i really enjoyed the weekend and shot second place in the womens recurve, again. and only damaged 1 of my beautiful wallace woods. the new format seemed to work well.

and our 3dAAA nationals are to be at caboolture in november, not far from you.

Post Thanks / Like

after getting a taste of the 3D at our nationals I think I will have a go at your titles too, Minnie as I think it will be a cross participation event.Probably see you there as Caboolture is just down the road from me.
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte

8. Likes minnie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to both of you, keep up posted, and take lots of pics!!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

10. Likes bigbob29 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll try and post a shot later of myself with silver medal and the bow that helped do it.
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte

Post Thanks / Like

There ya go !!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Its comin!!! soon--- or before long-- eventually. Say Minnie what category would I be in at your titles at caboolture and do they have grades in barebow. ie no sights etc and finger release. As part of the archery Alliance would I be entitled to awards, or is there a separate category for non 3DAAA?
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte