Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: australian 3d nationals

Post Thanks / Like

bob, you would be in male compound unaided (MCU) in 3DAAA competition which follows IBO rules. no grades in any divisions.
    shooting from the yellow peg with a maximum unmarked of 32m/35y.
    $40 for a years 3DAAA membership, otherwise non competitive, which i'm not sure of how it works.
    caboolture 3daaa club is near morayfield, check the 3daaa website.
    if you're up for more 3d, we will be at ipswich for queensland state series next sat and sun (first weekend of may).
    i will be shooting my beautiful mystic. the trad gear is having a rest for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=minnie;114523]bob, you would be in male compound unaided (MCU) in 3DAAA competition which follows IBO rules. no grades in any divisions.
    shooting from the yellow peg with a maximum unmarked of 32m/35y.
    $40 for a years 3DAAA membership, otherwise non competitive, which i'm not sure of how it works.
    caboolture 3daaa club is near morayfield, check the 3daaa website.
    if you're up for more 3d, we will be at ipswich for queensland state series next sat and sun (first weekend of may).
    i will be shooting my beautiful mystic. the trad gear is having a rest for a while.[/QUOTE]

What sort of 'trad" gear do you shoot? Recurve or long bow? I've read that you shoot 'timbers', am a big fan of POC myself.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

funny you mention trad gear elk slayer, as I shoot trad as well with my own longbows which I make for people that order them. In our game [ABA] we have a trad peg maximum of about 30 yards unmarked distances and kneeling, bending, all around hunting type shots for 20 targets. Requirements are longbow or 'curve [separate divisions] wood arrows and feathers.I use POC's, have done for 35 years. Its a lot of fun and quite a few people are getting sick of the high pressure. miss a spot and your gone sort of shooting and going to the more laid back style of things.Myself I enjoy using compound [barebow] just as much as stickbows, even if I cop a lot of flack from traddies each time they see me with the wheely bow, especially seeing as how i make the darn things!
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte

Post Thanks / Like

elkslayer, my trad gear is fairly basic, a 30# samick sage recurve, shot off the shelf. i shoot some beautiful custom wallace woods, very light target timbers made of australian hoop pine. (see the website of wallace woods in australia) cost just over the price of the sage. i also shoot some port orford cedars, which is what i started with. gotta love watching those big slow arrows with the red feathers fly. i also have a 23"hoyt excel riser with 30# kaya k3 short limbs which i also shoot barebow, with tiny little cartel triples 1100 for the ocassional indoor and shooting out to 30m target at the club. otherwise i compete in 3d womens barebow compound, shooting my martin mystic. also have a go at field when i can. sometimes there is just not enough weekends.

Post Thanks / Like

wallace woods.jpgthese don't smell as good as port orford cedars when they break.
    Last edited by minnie; 04-26-2014 at 05:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the smell of Port Orford Cedar, just prefer the smell of making them, not breaking them! Favorite thing is shooting field with a recurve, have reached the top classification, using all styles of shooting, Barebow, I stringwalked, and shot freestyle ( sights ). Learned the most when I walked the string combined with face walking. Doing that made barebow easier. I have shot field with a compound barebow, and will soon do that again using fingers this time. Even though I know that my favorite is traditional equipment, watching that long slow arc come down into the target!
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

7. Likes minnie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

nice arrows Minnie Steve does great work.
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte

Post Thanks / Like

What a cool thread to read, thanks for the updates and the knowledge! What a great forum, uniting Martin and archery lovers from all over the world.
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

10. Likes minnie, bigbob29 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tried to upload photo here but when i get to select files it wont respond any further.
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte

Post Thanks / Like

Click on From Computer on the Top Left then click on Basic Uploader in the lower right corner, then browse.