Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cougar FC Pro

Junior Member MyHuntProfile.com's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 Cougar FC Pro

20131121_145634.jpg

This is the bow used on the Martin Archery Facebook Page welcoming back one of the industries greatest in my opinion. You can see the picture below.

Tru Glo 3 pin micro adjustment sights, Apex Bone Collector Quiver, Bone Collector Stabilizer, and a Jack Knife Smart Phone Camera Mount. Wanted to find accessories that compliment the carbon finish on the bow. Been trying hard this year because this bow though shoots great has yet to find its first whitetail buck harvest.

mawelcomeback.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Share The Outdoors

2. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum.

My 2012 Cougar FC with the Fury XT cam performs great!

010.jpg

4. Thanks Arrow Splitter, MyHuntProfile.com thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like hes about to go for a ride. Bow looks good. I've not seen those sights. What are they? It's like a compound crossbow hybrid.
    Share The Outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

My sight is a Red Dot scope. Back in 2000 as my vision continually changed and got worse, I found myself having a harder and harder time trying to see through a peep sight, see my pins and also see the target clearly. Red Dot at the time was making this bracket and a scope package they called a Bow42. It was a 42mm diameter Red Dot scope with a bow bracket that could be used on a left or right handed bow. HHA also made a scope bracket that seemed better but it was only available in right handed. I had used Red Dot scopes on guns and knew it worked for me on the guns so I figured I try it out. The first time I mounted one to a bow I found it very frustrating to get it sighted in and aligned correctly. The more I tried the more frustrated I became. Finally one day I stepped back, started completely over, really studied it out, and it just came together. I use just a single dot scope because the scope with this bracket mounts sideways. The up/down of the scope becomes right/left and right/left of the scope becomes up/down of the dot. When a person learns to use a scope properly you keep both eyes open and the red dot just appears to be on the targeted item, allowing me to both see my sight and target. It works for me.

I sight it in for 25 yards normally. I start out getting it sighted in for 10 yards. The scope should be zeroed right out of the box new. I make absolutely no adjustments to the scope with the scope adjustments at this point. All adjustments are made with the scope bracket until I am putting all arrows in the bullseye. I used to shoot at a single spot with 3 arrows, but I destroyed way too many arrows doing that. So I now put five one inch black dots on a flat cardboard target. Once I get it set that I am shooting steady bulls at those one inch spots I step back to 20 yards and shoot again. If my arrow hits right or left I make adjustments to the bracket or arrow rest. This is where the bow tuning becomes frustrating to some. There is first axis, second axis and third axis tuning on a bow set up. For more on that do a search, there have been threads done on it in the past, or check it out online. Once I get my arrows to shoot in the same spot at 10 and 20 yards, my scope is set up. I then step back to 25 yards and sight in using the scope adjustments. I then will shoot at different yardages learning where my arrows hit at the different distances, just like any single pin sight. I prefer never to shoot at more than 30 yards. Bow hunting to me is a close quarters shooting sport and I like the animals I hunt close. I have shot more whitetails at about 15 yards than any other distance.

I know this sounds really complicated and time consuming, but now I can set up a scope like this on a bow, have the bow and scope tuned in usually within a couple hours. This past year I helped my buddy set one up for him. So far he really likes it.

I'm not saying this will work for anyone, but it works for me.

Mike

7. Thanks MyHuntProfile.com thanked for this post
    Likes TEN RING, MyHuntProfile.com liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing that Mike. Sounds like you went the extra mile to figure out how to keep yourself in the woods compound bow hunting. Many others would have quit all together. Glad to see you overcome an issue to keep on doing something that sounds like you have a passion for.

I just realized that I had the quiver detached from the bow during that picture. It is set up a bit on the heavy side due to a heavy set of sights..
    Share The Outdoors

9. Likes webbnate_45 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cougars are killing machines!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bought a Martin, Then my wife gave me a Rytera so.......I joined the forum.
    Then won the Elite on Archery Talk.
    I am blessed.

11. Likes MyHuntProfile.com liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes they r and the coolest riser
    IMG_20131126_171458_495.jpg
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter turned Silencer
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se
    Fred Bear Grizzly @ 45lbs and Shakespear wonderbow @ 50lbs
    Love bows and everything bout bow hunting!!!

13. Likes MyHuntProfile.com liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice buck GB3YO !!!! Congrats!!!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter turned Silencer
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se
    Fred Bear Grizzly @ 45lbs and Shakespear wonderbow @ 50lbs
    Love bows and everything bout bow hunting!!!

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bucks like that are hard to come by GB3YO! Nice job! Congrats!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com