Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin ShadowCat Smacks a Cat

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for the kind words
    We have the exact same situation here in Washington, They do not allow dog hunting so there are more Cats now but way harder to get one. By the way this was only about 20 or 30 miles north of the Oregon border. By the way really cool trail cam pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Oregon does'nt allow baiting for Cougar or Bears. Best method for either is calling, and the ole stand-by, spot-n-stalk! Most are taken as the opertunity presents itself, usually while Deer hunting.
    Thanks, we were thrilled to get that pic, and very excited to find the male on one of the other trail cams. Along with the Cougar family, we also got pics of a cow Elk, a Blacktail buck, a bull Elk, and a Bear. My son and I set up a blind on that spot the very next day. Only got to spend 4 days in the blind, then the lumber company closed the area down due to fire danger, it was a month before we could go back in a retrieve our pop-up blind.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Very nicely done you must have been as quiet as, well a cat!

Cougars up here in Washington are also on the rise because we can't hunt them with dogs or bait them either. I had a momma and 3 cubs run across the road in front of me last deer season as I was moving from one hunt to another. Sightings seem to be more and more frequent...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics, story and great trophy cat. I can only imagine the adrenalin rush that came after the shot and realizing what had just happened.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), home-made TRG, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer/dampener, custom upper STS, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Good shot on a nice cat! Only good cat is one taking a nap like yours

6. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post