Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martins Shooter Program

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martins Shooter Program

Hi all,

Just wanted to see if any one had any info on Martins staff shooter program? With the changes and such, will it continue? I emailed Jason Erdman and he said he didn't know and their would probably be something by early next year. How about any of the insiders here on this site? Where I live and shoot, Martin has been declining in its exposure. I believe shooting tournaments and keeping the brand in front of as many shooters is very important.

I certainly hope it continues and I can be part of the team. I love the look on peoples face's when I out shoot them on the range and they see the bow I am shooting!

Regards
    Buckhunt
    Martin Silver Star Shooter
    2013 Scepter V
    2012 Alien Nemisis
    2011 ShadowCat
    2008 FireCat
    2007 Scepter 4
    2006 Slayer X

" Right handed / Left eye dominate and shoot left handed "

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't heard much yet, but do know that those in charge are busting their butts to get a catalog ready by ATA Show. Just from what I'm getting I wouldn't look for a bunch of changes in the bows this coming year, but look for a different camo pattern---Mossy Oak Infinity HD. Bear in mind that due to the timing of the sale (Martin) the new management was, and continues to be under extreme pressure to get up and running, hire people back, apply for parts from all the vendors, etc. This all takes time and money.

As for the shooter program? Anybody's guess at this point.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

3. Likes kylecurtis04 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Archery shop I go to here in So. Ca. has been a Maritn dealer ever since they opend, 40 years ago.
    They stopped carrying bows about 10 years ago but would order you one if you wanted one and did warranty work.
    Ian the manager at the shop told me last week that he got a call from Martin letting him know that Martin was under new ownership and very much still alive.
    He said that they were going to be getting in new catalogues once they were finished.
    Great news for sure.
    Since I started shooting Martins here in So. Ca. I have gotten 7 people to drop thier Hoyts and Bowtechs and start shooting Martins.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    The Archery shop I go to here in So. Ca. has been a Maritn dealer ever since they opend, 40 years ago.
    They stopped carrying bows about 10 years ago but would order you one if you wanted one and did warranty work.
    Ian the manager at the shop told me last week that he got a call from Martin letting him know that Martin was under new ownership and very much still alive.
    He said that they were going to be getting in new catalogues once they were finished.
    Great news for sure.
    Since I started shooting Martins here in So. Ca. I have gotten 7 people to drop thier Hoyts and Bowtechs and start shooting Martins. Don.
    Good job Don!!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    Great news for sure.
    Since I started shooting Martins here in So. Ca. I have gotten 7 people to drop thier Hoyts and Bowtechs and start shooting Martins.
    Don.
    The way it should be!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

7. Likes bigbob29 liked this post
    Sonny Thomas

Don't envy the new owners one bit. They have along row to hoe. The last Martin, other than me, I saw in area competition was in 2011. I was the only one during all of 2012, with my 2011 Shadowcat.

??? Big event 1st wins for Martin since 2003, maybe 7 or 8 and the last I think by John Wheeler and his record perforance at Vegas 2 or 3 years ago. Actually, Martin was ranked 4th in 1st place wins during 2003 thru 2009. I found this amazing, Bowtech didn't have a win..... Breaks my heart

Post Thanks / Like

I Started out with a Jennings then I shot PSE and for a short time I shot a Hoyt. I got so pissed off at Hoyt when I tried to get one of those plastic limb rocker things replaced that I decided to sell it on fleabay. It took 2 different dealers 6 months to replace a little piece of plastic. All because Hoyt refused to send it directly to me. They forced me to drive 30 miles to the closest Hoyt dealer all so the dealer could order it and hand it to me. Absolute crap for customer service. When I went looking for a new bow, as a finger shooter I wanted something long, the Scepter fit the bill. In light of my previous experience I was particularly looking for a bow that didn't use plastic. Aside from the spacers on the axles the martin was all metal. They continue to use very few plastic parts and their customer service has been impeccable. When ever I call them with an issue they ask what dealer I want to work with and when I ask can you send it directly to me they say sure! I'm totally sold on Martin and recommend them to everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about any new bows that may be in the works but I was told that the new management hired new machinists. A lot of focus is being placed on quality control, fit, duracoat finish, machining lines and edges, cams, bearings, limb pockets and noise issues. I do know that all bows are supposed to be split limbs.

Sonny Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by b0w_bender View Post
    I Started out with a Jennings then I shot PSE and for a short time I shot a Hoyt. I got so pissed off at Hoyt when I tried to get one of those plastic limb rocker things replaced that I decided to sell it on fleabay. It took 2 different dealers 6 months to replace a little piece of plastic. All because Hoyt refused to send it directly to me. They forced me to drive 30 miles to the closest Hoyt dealer all so the dealer could order it and hand it to me. Absolute crap for customer service. .
    Getting off the subject, but.... Hoyt and more than a few others have, I guess, Iron Clad contracts with their dealers. Okay, you have to go through a dealer, no ifs, ands or buts about it. When I bought my first Stanislawski hinge Doug or Eric Springer made the deal with me personally, but the check wrote to Obsession Archery here in Illinois. Been a ways back, but a Bowtech Rep in 2006 sold me new strings for my Old Glory and I went to a Bowtech dealer to have them installed. Wow! I got the strings installed, no problem there, but he was on the phone and much $%^&* took place. He got his "cut." Bowtech also went the lawsuit way when they went over a dealer to sell to a nearby bigger sports outlet. Dealer sort of lost , but Bowtech paid big time. They needed a fair chunk of the, I heard, $60,000 the sports outlet gave for the dealership. I believe Mathews is much the same or was at one time.

And it's no different with dealerships within X number of miles of each other. Our shop couldn't have Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Bowtech and others. We had Reflex, which Hoyt did away with for 2009. We had Pearson, which you can't find a dealership. And we had Martin, but it was Martins Gold Series which any archery shop can get without being a dealer. Martin's Pro Series carrys a "price" to pay, X number of bows or whatever.

Back on the subject;
    And then I'm the SOB for staff shooters. I firmly believe a staff shooter should be a member of a archery association be it ASA, IBO, NFAA or other. For me, there is no exception. People say; "But I'm a hunter, a Field Staff shooter." Fine, join the IBO or Hunter in the NFAA, both are said to support bow hunting. Hunter in NFAA is less expensive as the said member can't compete in NFAA sanctioned events. They can, but only as a Guest, which they cannot win anything.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a member of the NFAA and have been before and during my staff shooter program. Any other staff shooters out there that have heard anything?
    Martin Silver Star Shooter
    2013 Scepter V
    2012 Alien Nemisis
    2011 ShadowCat
    2008 FireCat
    2007 Scepter 4
    2006 Slayer X

" Right handed / Left eye dominate and shoot left handed "