Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nobody excited about whats new for 2014?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nobody excited about whats new for 2014?

I hear a lot of talk of old news of the past but I want to know what's for the future! I don't know anyone who can buy a new bow every year I know I can't but I am waiting to see what's new for 2014. What do you guys want to see or think Martin will bring?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see ALL their bows offered as single AND dual cam. One thing that's kept me from seriously looking at last years models. I prefer dual cam bows. I do think the split limb configuration they are talking about is a good way to go as well.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing new for the ATA in 2014 that I am aware up. Biggest changes will come in look and fit and finish along with noise reduction. I was also told split limbs across the board on all bows. Maybe something mid-year.

Sonny Thomas

I've shot quad limbs seems forever starting back in year 2000 with Hoyt's XT2000s. They limbs were bullet proof. My 2000 UltraTec probably has some 60 or 65,000 shots through it and still just as accurate and as fast as it was when I first bought it new. My Pearson MarXman has quad limbs and though quad limbs are new for Pearson starting in 2012 no reports have been given as to limb failure. There were two or three reports of hair line marks and one with edge of the limb splintered, like Hoyts do and I think Carlos reported his Scepter V doing the same thing. Again, no failures. Pearson replaced the limbs on my bow due to a tiny lines in the surface that had been there since day one. To me they were surface scratches, hardly visible, that didn't get buffed out and then on the inside where no one notices. Again, if I didn't say so elsewhere, my MarXman was one of the first let out. My top cam is even different than the production models.

I'm real serious here. My next bow will be a single cam bow. Hopefully the Pearson Advantage III with their fully adjustable single cam that was releases this past year. This is a option not readily known. The down side, it has a positive draw stop. I liked a single cam bow with adjustable module with a built in draw stop that needs no adjusting, much like the draw stop on Hoyt's cam & 1/2. Yep, move the module and the draw stop moves with it, presto! Done.

All you have to do is look. No positive draw stop bow as ever gone the distance, win after win. Me doing what I did with my Shadowcats for three years and then last year with my MarXman were done at club and state sanctioned events, not the Big Time. Said and I believe proven is positive draw stops are not user friendly with the use of a hinge release.

Post Thanks / Like

So Sonny, how is the Pearson cam designed? Does it have a long flat spot machined into the module similar to the Nitrous cams where no separate draw stop was necessary? It's been so long since I shot one like this that I can't remember just whether I shot it better or not? I know I had to shoot it better simply because I was about 8 years younger and shot better to begin with. Younger muscles and younger eyes had to play a major role.
    Last edited by bfisher; 12-03-2013 at 02:54 PM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I just hope they don't shorten the ATA on the Septer V.
    If anythin bring back a Shadowcat with a solid riser and a 46-48" ATA.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to see better finish on the risers and limbs, I like my Alien but the finish is not to durable so I baby my bow. I can't think of anything right now but I will later.

Post Thanks / Like

As a new member of the Scepter V club, I'll be interested to see what the next step in this bows evolution will be. This is such a nice bow, I wish I had purchased one sooner. Love the 40" ATA and how smooth it draws. Feels like a much lighter draw weight than it actually is.

Sonny Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    So Sonny, how is the Pearson cam designed? Does it have a long flat spot machined into the module similar to the Nitrous cams where no separate draw stop was necessary? It's been so long since I shot one like this that I can't remember just whether I shot it better or not? I know I had to shoot it better simply because I was about 8 years younger and shot better to begin with. Younger muscles and younger eyes had to play a major role.
    Barry, I can't post pictures or you would see the difference. Pearson has positive limb stops just like Martin. My MarXman has the Legend cams and a draw stop for each cam. Actually the Legend cams are similiar to the CatCams and the revised versions as for draw cycle, but perhaps a bit steeper. Both the MarXman and Shadowcat are rated at 320 fps, but my Pearson is something of 12 fps faster, pound for pound, draw length for draw length using the same arrow. So I could actually drop draw weight on the Pearson, say to 50 pounds and still be as fast as what my Shadowcat was.

Timing is set just like for the CatCams and the revised versions, but the difference is no cable grooves to lay the cables in. Instead there are tabs or fingers on the draw modules that touch the cables. Out in the open, easy to see, you could actually time the bow with a feeler gage, that accessable.

The single cam brought out for the Pro34 also has a positive draw stop. I haven't seen one personally, but by Pearson's write up I would venture something of the Martin Pro M cam. The differences are; More aggressive and a rotating draw module instead of the interchangeable draw mods of Martin's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sonny Thomas

OMG! I couldn't post a picture by normal means, but "back doored" one in. Yeah, replied and then went to manage attachments. Nothing was there to see, but the dang took.....