Thread: My Club

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Club

The club I belong to has started to get the web site updated.
    Take a look around,there are pics of our range along with club info and stuff.
    Don.
    http://www.orancobowmen.org/default.htm
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't check out all the links yet, but it sounds like a very active club. Are there indoor facilities? I didn't see anything about any indoor league. I'll check things better later. How many members?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Sonny Thomas

Seems it would be a darned nice club. 45 acres and all that...whew! And some web site! Our club started one...key word, started....

Our club has 68 acres and could be probably stuff a 28 Field course in...if we had enough Field shooters to support a Field range. One nearby club, 30 miles away, tried to get Field going and 20 shooters wasn't impressive.
    ...We have a 60 yard practice range in 5 yard increments, 10 to 60 yards. We have a short 3D course with 20 some bag targets.
    ...We aren't open to the public except for 3D events and then all are welcome. Individual or family membership is $25.00 per year. Of course, members have full excess year around (don't remember seeing anyone there when the snow gets hub deep to a Ferris Wheel). We've been averaging something of 120 members for the last 4 or 5 years. And we average about 140 shooters per each of the seven 3D events...As high as in the low 200s. Current record is 243.

Post Thanks / Like

If you click on the photo/video link then click on any of the pictures you can zoom in and look around the target.
    I think we are up to almost 400 members to date.
    On our club 3-D shoots (42 targets,1 arrow unmarked yardage) we average about 300 shooters, thats club and non-club members.
    We do not have any indoor range but there has been talk of trying to get a building put up for it.
    The land belongs to the either the Parks and Recreation dept or the Army Corps of Engineers, I forget who.
    Anyways we can not build any permanent structures on the land with out special permission.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Sonny Thomas

Same as us, Don. On park property. And if we move, "all in the ground" stays in the "ground." We note all items we've added and added over the years.
    Examples;
    Skid bridges. Steel frame, roofed pavillions (Car ports). Both our Concession and Registration buildings are on skids. All 3 walkup platforms are movable.
    Target butts are "in the ground," but the target bales are removable.