Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No sympathy needed, just what I've went through of late

Post Thanks / Like

Default No sympathy needed, just what I've went through of late

All close together within days. Snow hammered us. That same evening my father was playing Pitch with his friends and never saw the snow until the after they finished, about 10 pm. So he likes to park his truck in the garage backed in. So he can't see with the snow pour down and catches his truck door on the garage and bends the door backwards. Ticked off, he finally get the truck in and getting out the sprung door gives him a shove and down he goes, half under the truck and bangs his knee bad, real bad. Next, morning it's ambulance time. So swollen his knee cap is off center about a mile (well, close to it). Couple of days later it surgery time. The whole outside of his knee has to have the skin removed, it had died. So he's got a hand size or raw meat showing. More fluid build up and more surgery. Just got him home about noon today. He has to heal up some and then goes back for skin grafts.

Now, some where is this mess, my old Dell computer dies. So I am looking.

Okay, dad is in the hospital when my brother is diagnosed with cancer. Dad is 87 and we don't tell him until absolutely confirmed. Cancer treatment and we have to tell dad. Eric gets through the first Kemo and the second he has a reaction. His body is retaining fluid. Doctor sticks a tube thingy in his chest to pump fluid out of him. The pump draws out a liter of fluid. Next day he's blowed up like a blimp! Rush him to surgery and doctor pumps out over 2 liters more fluid. They get whatever organ going to remove fluid naturally and he's released from the hospital. 10:30 pm that same day we rush him back the hospital as he is in pain big time. So shoved aside and then relieved with the fluid drained off his intestines were cramping. They got him going and took him back home at midnight.

Still mixed in the mess, we have 9 inches of snow dropped on us while all this is going on. So right at 14 inches of snow over 3 days. My poor ole ATV is worked to death and me along with it. Hot, a gasket blows behind the shifting case. Only thing I can do is stop every 15 minutes and pour in a half quart of oil. Snow out of the way to the county road, the road patrol has been through and doesn't for another day. So I can't get out. We've got so much snow on the ground I have to bulldoze snow back so I have room to push snow. So I making a clean up pass in second gear and really throwing snow and Wham! The blade catches froze down riffraff we had for the washed out tile. Like to bent my back backwards. I've hurt so bad I haven't pulled a bow string for 2 weeks. And I still hurt. Dang wandering disc doesn't want to stay in place.

Now right in the mix of things my mom falls when getting out of her car. In her 80s, she falls between the car and the snow bank from her drive being plowed. Yeah, no room on the driver's side and 10 feet on clearance on the passenger side. The neighbors can't see her below the snow. She cant' find her cell phone. So she has to pull herself by grabbing handfuls of snow until she gets back the bumper of her land barge Ford. So long did it take her she got frost bite fingers. Doctor says she'll recover just fine, but has to stay inside for a month. Our mom is one those moms who can't stay home. So my brother tries to get her car keys from her. Ain't happening. My sis gets what groceries mom wants and I deliver them. She won't give me her car keys. So her car won't start. Will when I put the coil wire back on

Lastly in this mix, we've had enough snow and ice that my wife won't go to town. My wife is a angel, but can turn to Bit__ in .016 seconds..... Yeah, cabin fever....

Again, no sympathy needed, no prayers. We will survive,,,, I think.
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Sonny! Sounds like the old saying "when it rains, it pours". Sorry to hear about all the plagues on your life and hope everything gets better soon for you and all your family.
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67,5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Man, you could write a blues song!!! I hope life starts getting easier for you. It definitely sounds like you have your hands full. Hang in there!!
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

Post Thanks / Like

It's God's (if there is one) way of making sure you appreciate the "good" days. My wife and I made a list of everything that broke over the past 2 weeks, but your story has us beat a thousand-fold.

Post Thanks / Like

Talk about a rough patch!! I have my fingers crossed that things will turn around for ya!! Keep your head up!!
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver
    Truball stinger release
    CX Heart Attack 350
    100g Rocket Hammerheads

Bow String Depot

60% of the time it works every time!

WWW.shorewindshuntingfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

Despite the title of your thread Sonny, You've got my sympathy. Man, thats a lot to happen in such a short period of time. And here I was wondering where you where and why we have'nt heard from you lately..keep on keeping on brother!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Words and well wishes seem so inadequate in the face of such serious problems, but know, Sonny, that your cyber friends and family here, including me, are pulling for you.
    Anything I may post is in no way meant to besmirch anyone or any entity in any way, so please don't take it, wrongly, as such. Thank You.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. Checked on my dad this morning. Says he's alive and kicking. My brother is wore out, but is upbeat. I was unaware that the radiation treatment is now 2nd in the line of overcoming cancer. I can't really tell you what it is cause I don't know. He drinks this stuff and has a tube in his chest to inject something for whatever reason. I think they inject some tracking agent to. Treatments are now to take place every two weeks. Mom is mad, but she's inside where she's supposed to be. Scary is my wife is calm. Volcanos are like that right before they blow, right? And then since this morning we've had another 3 inches of snow and the call is for 3 to 5. I ain't plowing until the snow stops.... *%$#(** snow!
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

I just wish I could be there to help you out. That is the only thing about cyber world, we cannot be there in person. My thoughts are with you.
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

Post Thanks / Like

Consider it sympathy, but getting old sucks. Anything bad happens it takes longer to heal. Pain hurts more and longer. Maladies beset on us with a vengeance. In your case it seems to have come in droves. Maybe this is why some animals hibernate for the winter. They don't like to shovel snow. Give everybody my well wishes, Sonny. Keep a stiff upper lip.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver