Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Storm

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winter Storm

So how are most folks making out with this latest storm? Here in central Pa. we only got about 1" of snow. Overnite it turned to freezing rain and is supposed to turn to light rain later in the morning. School delayed 2 hours. State and locals got a jump on the roads salting so the roads aren't bad from what I can tell. Overall not too bad although I'm sure there will be some idiot drivers going to work in a hurry and causing accidents. How the rest of you guys making out?

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It just started up in NH. Going hunting with the daughter, but staying close to home.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

been in the house temps have been -10 to 0 degrees all week to cold for me have moved some stands with a friend and done some scoutin but no sittn on stand gonna get out there this week temps climbn to 30s can handle that
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter turned Silencer
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se
    Fred Bear Grizzly @ 45lbs and Shakespear wonderbow @ 50lbs
    Love bows and everything bout bow hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't had much snow where I live. It's a little warmer as I live down near a river. But it's been -1 degree for the last few evenings. The warm up starts today. It's 16 degree's right now. Soon the rain and snow will be here.

Post Thanks / Like

Simon, although it doesn't usually get that cold here I can relate somewhat. When it's in the single digits for any length of time temperatures around 20 can seem like a heat wave.

We got lucky here. The freezing rain stopped early this morning and things got icy. Not bad and by afternoon the roads were pretty bare. There were some massive pileups on some Pa. highways. One involved about 60 vehicles. People drive stupid. Drive too fast and certainly follow too closely--always. 100 miles east of me around Philadelphia they got about 8" of snow and it looks like there's another storm on the horizon. Looks like this one should pass south of here, too. Sometimes I wish I were a ground hog or bear---just hibernate for the winter.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

We've been pretty cold for this time of year lately. Yesterday it got up to the high teens and snowed. We only got about 3 inches of snow, but today the temps started at about 10 degrees, warmed to 16 degrees then started dropping, 12 now. The winds have been what's really killing me, 20mph winds again today. They say all week the winds are going to be blowing hard. Wednesday high temp expected at 5 degrees with 15 to 20 mph winds. The weatherman said expect below normal temperatures until further notice!!!! I think normal highs this time of year should be in the low 30's. We might get into the 20's next week.

I love Wisconsin !!!! LOL

Mike

Sonny Thomas

Right up to the big change we were having 50 degree whether. I was outside with a light jacket and then bang, 10 degrees the next morning and has been for the 4 or 5 days now. Got just skiff of snow....grass still showing.

Post Thanks / Like

Not much snow here, it has been a freezing rain/drizzle for the past few hours. The drive home from work at 4:40 was slick, and there was one accident on my usually 30min. ride home.

I wouldn't want to be the guy at work that still has summer tires on his car.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

ipu

Post Thanks / Like

Last Friday, we had 7-8 inches of snow. Normally, we get 1-2 inches a few times a year, not this time, temps have been in the single digits since the snowfall, so now we have packed snow/ice covering all the city streets. Finally starting to warm up, temps in the teens when I got up this morning. Barry is right, , lots of accidents, because of people driving stupid. And half of them still running summer tires. Go figure!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade