Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Storm

Post Thanks / Like

The cars had a sheet of ice on them this morning. Roads should be great.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

all rain for the last tree day here
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my road ended up being the only bad one that I was on. Traction was probably less than 40% for most of the ride on it.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Sonny Thomas

Made it out. Mercy. As usual our road commissioner never cinder the hill for getting out of Proverty Valley. Yeah, a good 300 yards up hill with a curve and steeper grade right at the top. One big, long sheet of ice. There's something of a straight away to get a run at the hill and I had my trusty 1994 front wheel drive Olds Cutless doing it's best. I had just replaced the 20 year old tires with news (spoiling my little car). Evidently the new tires and front wheel drive combined to get us up and out with hardly any wheel spin. Looking the rear view mirror gave the same long sheet of ice. Years back with the road much like today I had my 4X4 Chevy. It wouldn't go up this hill. I ended up straddling the edge of the gravel road and in the ditch to claw out of Proverty Valley. It was no joy ride.
    My old 1994 Olds. The Cutless has just over 45,000 miles on it. Yeah coming on 20 years. Most of it's life was spent in a garage. My trucks and the wife's trucks were used for about everything. Anyway I got the Olds out due my truck drowning in the early spring flood. The tires of the Olds, still looking good (Gold Seals), were breaking down inside. You could feel wobble and thumps. The wobble would straight out going around a corner or faster taken curve. Guess what? 14" tires are a thing of the past. I had to special order tires for the Olds. About $350 for a set.

Anyway, I got out and did some shopping; feed for the wife's chickens, wild bird food (dang stuff cost more than chicken chow), bread and whatever and got a another Xmas present for the wife. Now, I'll just turn up the heat and weather out Christmas. Supposed to have a heat wave, about 30 degrees Christmas. Tonight, wind chills of 25 below.

Sonny Thomas

Whatever the Christmas is wrong with this site or it and my computer not getting along, I still can't start a Post.

So, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Hope all is well with all. God Bless....
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 12-24-2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Swearing

Sonny Thomas

Well, we had a warm up. Hit almost 50, sunshine, nice and all... Sunday night it's to bottom out at zero....

Post Thanks / Like

It's been real nasty weather here, down into the 70's, I almost had to wear long pants.
    Windy today so I am not going out to the range. Been out everyday shooting field and hunter rounds.
    Going to go see Hunger Games Catching Fire today.
    Oh I am 58 today too.....old as dirt.....LOL
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    It's been real nasty weather here, down into the 70's, I almost had to wear long pants.
    Windy today so I am not going out to the range. Been out everyday shooting field and hunter rounds.
    Don.
    Happy birthday Don. You're just a youngster. As for the weather? You are so.....so......so.... Just had to rub it in didn't you? LOL.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Sonny Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    Don.
    SPAM!!!!

58! When I was 58 I was stompin' King Kong and Godzilla the same Saturday afternoon. Older now, I stomp one on Saturday and one Sunday.... whichever whimp will show up...

Sonny Thomas

Mercy! Another 3" last night and 10 above this morning. Wasn't for feeding the birds and dogs I wouldn't have left the house. I can normally handle cold weather, but not this morning. My finger tips were burning by the time I got back in. I mean, those who have been on here for a while know I don't put boots for hunting unless the snow is well over my shoes. Haven't wore a pair of heavy gloves in I don't know how long....